Persona 2 EP

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Well, instead of "pissing" on this forum and its members you could begin with a little patience. :glare:

Actually, you need to begin with providing some info about the problem, which emulator you're using, version, whatever plugins you have, computer specs and of course whatever measures you've taken to try to solve the problem on your own.

DarkSide

I already tried all plugin available, on this website, i tried espxe latest version, 1.52, the game stuck exactly when the battle starts, emurayden crashes in the same place, psxeven, same thing, the battle apear, and then the characters shout, then the music slighttly fades and the game doesnt continue, neither the enemy appear or the battle menu, and about my computer specs i dont think its necessary since i play with no problems, heavy games like chrono cross, final fantasy, so my computer is not the problem..

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The latest version of ePSXe is 1.7.

Test the game with the PSX emulator. This emu offers the closest 1:1 Playstation emulation and has no real graphical enhancments to affect the performance of the game. If you experience the same crash using PSX as you've had with ePSXe and PSXeven then the problem is that your ISO or disk is no good.

If you are playing from an original disk, try ripping it to an ISO and play it that way.

If it is a faulty disk image then all you can do is try to source a better one.

For future reference the more information about what emulators you are using, what format the game is in (ISO, original disk etc), and what you've tried so far, and usually what spec PC and Operating system you're running on, the more likely it is that someone will be able to give you support.
Most help posts simply saying 'Game doesn't work/crashes, help please', won't get answered as people can't possibly solve the problem without knowing what emulator and sort of system its running on. So the problem isn't that the forum is no good its more closely that you don't know how to form a proper support request.

The fact that you're getting exactly the same crash on 2 different emulators points to it being a faulty game image or disk rather than the emulator. If it doesn't work with PSX either then you'll need to get a new one.

Last edited:

yocho182

I think my friend may be your problem with this iso or plugins are configured bad because I tried here and I not have this problem here, the gameplay is perfect.SEE that my setup:

EMU: EPSXE 1.6
Plugin Video: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Plugin sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
Plugin CD ROM: epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2
BIOS: SCPH1001

Last edited:

DarkSide

I don't think my question was not well formulated, i was hoping that somebody here would have experienced the same problem, most problems i have i solve just searching here or the internet typing the problem, but anyway, you need to bash the site so the help comes... thanks for the help, you guys probably are right, i think it should be the disc, because i bought the cd, and already ripped an iso, and i have the same problem, i will have to download, because i bought it to prevent me of this trouble, but at the end i should have downloaded.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
you need to bash the site so the help comes

Or just make a proper support request in the first place. Then you won't need to wait several days and 10 posts while people try to extract the information they need bit by bit.

Just wastes your time as well as theirs.

DarkSide

Or just make a proper support request in the first place. Then you won't need to wait several days and 10 posts while people try to extract the information they need bit by bit.

Just wastes your time as well as theirs.

it's hopeless, i just download another iso, when the battle starts the emulator shut down and i get this message ''Opcode 3c UNK <PC 00100004> <86917,247>

here i tried again, another code, who know how many codes i will get while trying again and again...HELP?

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Have you tried the PSX emulator? When it comes to Opcode errors, there's no telling what is at fault exactly. The only way is trial & error. The following steps should be taken when getting an Opcode error:

* Your CD may be corrupted. clean it off or make an ISO out of it. Or if you're playing an ISO - get another!
* Try using a different graphics plugin
* Use a different emulator
* Don't use save states (load off memory card).

DarkSide

Ah at last...i got another plugin and the iso i donwloaded,and it's running smoothly ''ON PSXEVEN'', this emulator is marvelous i don't even need frame skip :happy: i just gave up this damm epsxe.....heres the image of the game and the configuration, f somebody come across the same error, help is here, thanks for the help evrybody that posted here, and sorry for my impatience i was looking forward to play this game. :happy: peace

yocho182

perhaps because this emulator does not support cheats, this emulator is not good for either play some games may be what you are perplexed