Emulator Problem: No forcefeedback, I'm all shook up!

swellfella

This is relating to the JoyTect 360xbox NEO se emulator. I got the unit to use with BattleStations Pacific. The games states it is xbox 360 compatible. First time I plug it in (Windows Vista Home Basic) it worked like a charm. I had nothing to do. Everything worked! It was cool to pull the trigger, feel the unit shake, then watch the shells land on the enemy ships blasting 'em to pieces. (it would even vibe when I took a hit).

Next time I used it, no trigger. There was a trigger, but it was no longer mapped to the trigger. I had to plunge the right stick to fire a shell. What's more no more Forcefeedback! Bummer!

I downloaded xpadder, XBOX 360 Controller emulator vibmod by Virus, and a couple of others. Attempt to re-map buttons and other functions, taking pains to follow directions to the letter. All worked pretty much in the various tests within the game's directories, but when actually playing the game, there was no change. Even fooling around with the games own internal settings was no use.

What I want to know, is it this particular game that's resistant to the emulator? If so, why would it work that first time and then quit on me? Also, wouldn't stand to reason that if it worked then, there's just got to be a way to duplicate the condition?

Emulators are new to me; it was such a kick and welcome surprise after playing the game so long with keyboard and mouse to step up to the emulator. A whole new experience. Would appreciate it if any of you can help me out here. Thanks for taking the time. Lou-

Last edited: