Nintedo Next-Gen console name revealed: Wii

hagbard

Nintendo Next-Gen console name revealed: Wii

Yes, looks that it's going to be the final name of Nintendo's next console previously known as Revolution:

nintendo_wii_logo_announced.jpg

Logo animation

More info here:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9075

:ninja:

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
In addition, it's revealed that a bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players "can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment."
That's it, I want one...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Lefteris_D said:
That's it, I want one...
Of course you do...it will cheap also.
Max. $199 - EUR 199.

The name is...less than imaginative. :dry:

Jale

Just found this out somewhere:

* I need a Wii now! I can't wait until this fall!
* "Mum, I finished my homework. Can I play with my Wii some more?"
* "Hey Mom, Roger's bringing his Wii over. We're going to connect his Wii to my Wii and then we'll play all night."
* "We are the Knights who say Wii!"
* Wii Willy Winky runs through town, upstairs and downstairs in his nightgown. Knocking on the window, crying through the lock "Are the children all in bed? It’s past eight o’clock."
* "Pass me that wemote contwol pwease?" -- Elmer Fudd redux
* "Do you have any Wii in stock?" asked the customer. "Or course we do," exclaimed the clerk, "Urine GameStop!"
* When you're a kid and you wanna go "whee" but you ain't got drugs yet. [NSFW, but funny as all heck.]

:laugh:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
"Just don't forget to shake your Wii-Wii when you go to the bathroom Junior !" - mother said.

Yuk!

belmont

Must be the worst console name I've ever heard.
If it is cheap I may get one since it can also play my old GameCube games.

hagbard

I mostly agree...

We've incredible imagination

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
penny-arcade.com really took the whole name thing a step further. Click to see their latest comic...
Spoiler »

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Lefteris_D said:
penny-arcade.com really took the whole name thing a step further. Click to see their latest comic...
Spoiler »

With that name I'll get it even if it will be total crap... LOL :D

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
montpics said:
Total disaster to me. :eek:
You'll just call it Nintendo V™.
It even sounds like Wii.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
The console does matter.

But being a less powerful console to start with and a crappy name it will be hard for Nintendo to sell,if it doesn't sell,Nintendo doesn't make money,if they don't make money you get no games...so the name matters anyway.

Nintendo wants NEW gamers not just old farts that loved Nintendo because of NES,SNES (full Nintendo glory). ;)
And that name might get in the way...Every console sells good when launched,the question is how much does it sell later ?