new ps3 emulator added to the site

Alex142

please go and check ps3 emulators you will see a new emulator project added its in alpha stages

ADMIN NOTE: This does not currently play commercial games!

Last edited by a moderator:

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Hmm, so it seems we may just see a proper emulator sometime in the future. It'll still be years before that happens though.

criosray

Hmm, so it seems we may just see a proper emulator sometime in the future. It'll still be years before that happens though.
To emulate real PS3 games (not homebrew stuff) we will need like 10x faster PCs than what we currently have (talking about top at the moment specs).

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I kind of doubt that this is much of a progress. :)
Not 100% I understand your meaning. Though emulating home bru is quite a leap forward. Commercial games will not be emulated untill all op code are well understood. Then once that is underway it will all be about cpu speed. Due to the CEL processed authors for the first time will have no choice but to use many cores. I think the CELL uses 8 or so ( not sure, too lazy atm to look it up ) So times that by 3 for starters. Then take the cpu speed and multiply that as well. Remember an emulator does alot more then the actual hardware and runs an os on top of that. in other words, give it 3-5 years yet and I dont think LLE is much of an option.

We just need to see how long it is until Sony notices
Yes thread like these make it easier for Sony to figure out whats going on. Make no mistake, they will go after them. Best bet the author has is going opensource and Google sourcing it like dolphin.

Last edited:

criosray

You could do it now you dont need 10x faster computers it sounds good keep working on it!
No you can't. We barely reached a point where PCs can emulate PS2 at 100% of speed most of the time (meaning that sometimes it drops below 100%). And PS3 is like 10-30x more powerful than PS2.

well if it dysplays only menu, i guess it takes 2 hours to click "new game"

i hope rpcs3 will can run games in next 3-4 years and my pc will support it