New Castlevania For The DS

Jale

I've read there will be a third Castlevania title for the DS, which name and release date is to be confirmed. Hell, I'm not even sure if this game is going to be released anyway, since Konami didn't say anything about. I don't even know if it's real or a hoax... but anyway...

No name is know for this game, but three screenshots were leaked on the net about two months ago:

cvds3avt1.jpg
cvds3bht9.jpg
cvds3cop0.jpg

I think this game will be set 30 or 40 years before "Aria of Sorrow" (in 1999) having as protagonists Julius Belmont and this girl I don't know about (think of the 1999 events as the missing puzzle piece we needed). According to the article I read, this girl is named Shanoa.

EDIT: I think the game is real. Iga, producer of the Castlevania games since "Symphony of the Night" has announced on IGN.com that he will release a new Castlevania game for DS. The announcement is from three months ago (Nov, 2007).

We're sure we're sure we've heard something about it already. We're sure you're sure about it too. But just to make doubly sure, we'll report on it anyway. After all, you can't have "report" without "re."

Castlevania series producer Iga has confirmed that a new entry in the franchise is on its way to the DS. Speaking with Japan's Famitsu.com at the recent E for All Expo, the world's tallest producer said of the next entry in the series, "We're working on a title for the DS. For this title, we're keeping the production team that made Portrait of Ruin, so it will definitely be a game of high quality. Please wait just a bit longer for an official announcement."

So there you have it. There's a name for a situation where a producer confirms a game without "officially" announcing it. "Unofficially official." Castlevania's third DS title is now unofficially official until Konami makes it officially official with an official announcement. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Re: Unconfirmed (?) - New Castlevania For The DS

Yeah... I know.. I can't wait. I finished two nds and I can't wait for this! I'm loving castlevania series. :D

Yes, the news is real but I do not know about the screenshots but I think it's real. It was also confirmed by http://www.the-magicbox.com/ about it. Your date of 3 months ago was about correct. Yes, the third installment is confirm by komani of Japan already.

Last edited:

Jale

Re: Unconfirmed (?) - New Castlevania For The DS

Good then. In my case, I can wait until a faster DS emulator is available. I beat both "Dawn of Sorrow" and "Portrait of Ruin", thanks to the improvements NO$GBA had lately. Unfortunately, the emulator has not been optimized enough for "Portrait of Ruin", which I had to play it in 50% speed, while "Dawn of Sorrow" could be played at full speed (with some lags, of course).