Emulator Problem: Nestopia problem

Paul

Hi I'm trying to play a hack game called Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles on Nestopia but I'm having trouble controlling my character. Plus I looked for where I can change the controls but I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me with this?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Select 'options' then 'Input' from the toolbar at the top of the Nestopia window. You can define your controls in there.

Paul

Thanks FatTrucker but I have another problem involving Nestopia. I use Camstudio to record my gameplaying but it makes the game go to slow. So I was wondering is there anyway that can be solved since Nestopia supports Adventure Island 3:The Lost Isles which is an Adventure Island 3 Hack Game? Or is there a way to get it supported on Virtuanes so I can play it on there? Plaease let me know when you get this. Thanks.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds more like an issue with your PC. If running CamStudio at the same time as the emulator is making it slow down press Ctrl, Alt and Del at the same time to bring up a list of running processes if either process (cam studio or Nestopia) is pulling 100% of your CPU then the problem is your computer and there's not much you can do without upgrading it.

Paul

Okay FatTrucker I understand that, but is there a way I can play an Adventure Island 3 hack game on Virtuanes called Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles? The reason I ask is because everytime I try to play this game on that emulator I keep getting this message: "Unsupported Format". Is there anyway to play Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles on Virtuanes so I can record it on there using CamStudio and upload it on YouTube? If yes can you tell me how?

Last edited:

Paul

It was a RAR File when I downloaded it and then I right clicked on it and sent it to a compressed zipped folder. Is that enough information for you to help me FatTrucker?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Virtuanes probably can't run it from the zip. Unzip it completely then try it again with VirtuaNES.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Right Click your compressed zip folder and click unzip. Or Unrar the original file again and 'extract here' rather than sending it to a compressed folder.

Paul

I right clicked the compressed zipped folder but it doesn't show unzip as an option it shows extract all. I clicked Extract all then I tried to start the game on Virtuanes but nothing happened. Instead I got this message: "Unsupported Format". Is there any other way to get it to work on Virtuanes? If yes please tell me. If no then tell me what emulator besides Nestopia would support this game.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I have no idea. Since its a hack maybe its bugged and doesn't work properly or at all.
When its fully extracted it should be in .nes format. Anything else and you will struggle to get it running. When you downloaded it did you download the hacked rom or the rom patch?.

Looking at google results almost all of them take you to a patch download which you then have to apply to the original game/rom yourself using a patching utility. Not the fully patched game rom.

Being honest, judging from the other posts you've made and the PM's you've sent I'm not sure you really have the necessary skills and understanding of PC's and applications to do a lot of this without someone physically showing you how to do it.....so its unlikely I can offer you any more help.

In order to succeed with emulation you really need at least a rudimentary understanding of your computer and operating system.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Paul

It was a patch file I downloaded of Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles FatTrucker. Will that help you help me with this?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
All you've downloaded is the patch to modify the original game rom, not the game itself. Which is why you can't get it running because you haven't got the actual game rom.

Judging by your previous reponses I'm not going to try to teach you how to patch the game.

I would suggest you take the bull by the horns and do a bit of research. You want to find an IPS patching utility for Windows XP or whichever operating system is on your PC.

Once you've found one your comfortable with using, read the documentation that comes with it that explains the patching process.

Find and download the Adventure Island game that the patch is designed for.

Apply your patch to the game.

Now you will have a modified .nes rom file which you can use with any NES emulator.

That's about as much help as I can give you.

Last edited:

Paul

I understand that FatTrucker but I clicked on Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles at Zophar's Domain and it took me to the patch file and that's all I was able to download. They said in order to get it to work on Virtuanes I have to use something called LunarIPS and I have no idea what to do on that. Do you know how to download this game on Virtuanes using LunarIPS?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
No, LunarIPS is a patching utility. Google it, download it.

Then find whichever Adventure Island Game rom that the patch needs to be applied to.

Read the readme file that comes with LunarIPS to learn how to apply the patch to the game rom.

Use LunarIPS to apply the patch you've downloaded to the game rom.

Now you will have a patched game you can use with a NES emulator.

There really is no other way to say it, that what you need to do. If you're incapable of doing or understanding that then I can't help you any further.

Sorry.

Paul

I clicked on Create IPS patch then the Adventure Island 3 game rom and then the Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles Game rom and it said "The IPS Patch was successfully created" then I attempted to start it up but it still said once again "Unsupported Format" and it still doesn't work.

Last edited: