Need some advice on emulation

CarmosKarrvx

I have recently discovered the world of emulation and have some questions for the knowledgeable community.

I currently possess a system in my cupboard and intend to transform it into a complete emulation system for use on my lounge room TV. The system's specifications are as follows: AMD Ryzen 2400G processor, 16GB of 3000MHz RAM, and an RX 570 graphics card. Would these specifications be adequate for running an emulation PC?

I am interested in running several emulators on this system, including NES, SNES, N64, Game Gear, Master System, Mega Drive, MAME, Neo Geo, PS1, PS2, and various Game Boy versions. Would all of these emulators be playable on this system?

Furthermore, are there any front-end programs available to access the emulators from a single interface that includes game cover art?

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads and can offer any assistance. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Hardware wise, you should be fine. PS2 is the most complicated of the systems you listed, and I have seen it run pretty well on similar hardware.

Now, for a frontend. If you want really fancy things like cover art, animations and other features, then LaunchBox is a good choice.
There is a free and a paid version, so I recommend you check their site to see the features each one offers.