Need help with Mame.

trydowave

Hi. Ive been a user of mame from what seems the very beginning. I have had troubles with various versions in the past but have always been able to resolve them. This time however i'm stumped.

Im using mame32XT 0.135. been running great on my laptop for months but recently the frame rate has been at %99 and occasionally going to %101 for example.

I've had this before and I've corrected it but nothing im doing now seems to work.

Id just like to get it running at a stable %100 again so the music doesn't skip.

My settings are as follows:
ticked:

display:
enforce aspect ratio
throttle
fame skipping set to 0/10 draw every frame

advanced:
dx3d version 9
bilinear filtering
wait for vsync
sync to monitor refresh rate
triple buffering
hq2xbold

screen:

rest default.

My laptop is an HP probook 4510S and is running correctly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

trydowave

Hi. Ive been a user of mame from what seems the very beginning. I have had troubles with various versions in the past but have always been able to resolve them. This time however i'm stumped.

Im using mame32XT 0.135. been running great on my laptop for months but recently the frame rate has been at %99 and occasionally going to %101 for example.

I've had this before and I've corrected it but nothing im doing now seems to work.

Id just like to get it running at a stable %100 again so the music doesn't skip.

My settings are as follows:
ticked:

display:
enforce aspect ratio
throttle
fame skipping set to 0/10 draw every frame

advanced:
dx3d version 9
bilinear filtering
wait for vsync
sync to monitor refresh rate
triple buffering
hq2xbold

screen:

rest default.

My laptop is an HP probook 4510S and is running correctly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

malloc4096

old topic i know, prolly won't even see reply but incase others need.

I recently started looking more into emu's again and this is what I've heard of so far relating to your issue.

If your running #FULLSCREEN with #TRIPLE_BUFFERING enabled. you may not even need #VSYNC
(because #TRIPPLE_BUFFERING afaik only takes affect in fullscreen mode)
If that doesn't fix it, the other relavant option maybe #SYNC_MONITOR_REFRESH_RATE

If that doesn't fix it, just fyi I've noticed inconsitancies in mame performance concerning the exact same ROMs from various MAME versions. This may only be noticeable to me though because I'm on a slow machine. If this perhaps is happening with the version your now using, might wan't to do what I'm doing and just keep old MAME versions around for ROM specific performance.

If your not using advanced VIDEO RENDERING options just fyi, (ddraw) is faster performance wise than (d3d)

Last edited: