Need advice on system requirements to run Dreamcast and Sega Saturn emulators on....

Prozak

.....a laptop. I'm looking at several options, concerning which laptop to get. If can I emulate Sega Saturn and Dreamcast I'd be very happy. I've looked around the forum but I couldn't find anything too useful concerning system requirements. People just seem to say you need a Pentium 4 or an AMD athlon. Oh and a seperate post by someone saying they bought a gaming laptop and couldn't run SS at full speed, not sure what that was all about.

Anyways, here are the specs to the laptop I'm looking at.

Processor
Processor (CPU) Intel Pentium M Processor Low Voltage 758
Processor speed[1] 1.50 GHz
Front side bus (FSB) 400 MHz
Internal L2 cache memory size 2 MB

Graphics
Description Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Graphics type XGA
Video RAM type DVMT

4200rpm hard drive, and 1.5 gig ddr2 sdram.

If it helps any, the laptop is an x41 ibm thinkpad. So am I dreaming?

hagbard

Re: Need advice on system requirements to run Dreamcast and Sega Saturn emulators on....

The official system requeriments for Chankast are:
You'll need a CPU supporting the Intel SSE Instructions (P3, P4 or an AMD XP CPU) with at least 1.6 Ghz.
Memory wise, you should at least have 256 MB of RAM in your system.
As for the OS, you'll need Windows XP or 2003 (the emu will NOT work under Windows 9x or ME, 2000 may boot certain ISOs but we won't go into detail on this now!) together with DirectX 9.0b and a graphic card supporting it either from Nvidia or ATI together with their latest drivers.
My P4 @ 2.4Ghz 533Mhz FSB , 1GB DDR-400 RAM with a GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB, still isn't capable of running most games at 50/60 FPS