Nebula 2.25 Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The arcade emulator Nebula has been updated. Here is what is new in version 2.25:

NEOGEO:
  • Updated drivers. Thanks to Wesker, MR-J and the rest of people in speksnk.net boards
  • Unlocked games up to New Power Instinct Matrimelee
  • Fixed garou raster effect missing in pre-battle talk
  • Added proper neopcm2 decryption.
NEOGEO CD:
  • Some code has been rewritten to improve compatibility. Now more games should work (although there are still some problems).
  • Added an option in the Emulation menu for direct load of neocd ISO or CD.
PGM:
  • Added Knights of Valour 2 and Knights of Valour 2: Nine Dragons. Thanks to HappyASR for the help getting the dump of the internal cartridge cpu program. Due to the extra processor required to emulate, the game will require a more powerful PC to run. Also savestates won't work. (Internet ranking mode for kof2nd has been intentionally disabled).
  • Music speed in kov2/kov2nd is a bit off.
  • Fixed wrong sprite zoom and shrinking (required for kov2nd)
  • Fixed sprite priorities handling (required for kov2 & kof2nd)
  • Added protection for PhotoY2k.
CPS 2:
  • Updated drivers. Thanks to Wesker, MR-J and the rest of people in speksnk.net boards.
You can get it from here.

montpics

Slight problem occured on Romdata list according to source in which needs to be fixed. Be prepare for Nebula 2.25a soon. Perhaps tomorrow. :cool:

Robert

It's already available, but not on the official site.

The main problem is bad sound in kof2002 and matrimelee, and the occasional crash.
And, there is problem handling long rom names.

Some people complain the romcenter output causes a problem with romcenter 2.70
I've got my own rom manager which is not subject to that problem.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I heard about that unofficial version but I'll have to wait for the official release before i can have it posted.

Robert

The unofficial version only fixes the sound problems, it has many more bugs still.

Plus, kof2002b has really badly corrupted graphics.
It won't load CD's if you use win98 or 95.
It can crash randomly when opening a game.
And more...