Emulator Problem: My controller from Radioshack won't respond with the Genesis Emulator "Fusion"

SuperStar42

My controller from Radioshack won't respond with the Genesis Emulator "Fusion"

I recently purchased a new PC controller from Radioshack for play on Emulators. My intention for it was to use it to play some Genesis games I missed out on without having to play on a keyboard.

Then I ran into a problem, for whatever reason, this controller WILL NOT respond to the Fusion Emulator, I have tried to reinstall the drivers multiple times, and it still will not respond.

The problem starts when I click the "define" button in Fusion to map my control scheme to the controller, however, even if a flail every button on the controller, Fusion will not register a single button.

Additionally, I know this is a problem with Fusion and not my controller, because the controller works fine on other emulators such as Project 64, Dolphin, etc. (non-sega console emulators)

---

Please help! I really want to solve this problem. Fusion is a very reliable emulator and I don't want to switch, plus I have Sonic 3 save files on Fusion so I would lose all of my progress if I switched.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Re: My controller from Radioshack won't respond with the Genesis Emulator "Fusion"

I wonder if you have the same problem as this guy http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=23736 ?

Anyways, I will tell you fusions work with controllers. I also will tell you most controllers that require drivers are going to be the least easy to work with. I'm not going to tell you your controller is junk and I understand it works well with other games. However, if you want a more hassle free controller buy one that does not require drivers. For example and depending on what type of controller style you like, psx 2 usb, or n64 to usb, or Anything to usb (see my sig). There are so many options out there for controllers that work very well. Buying a brand name controller only = drivers and drivers = trouble.

Aside from that, yes fusion does hate some types of controller and there are not many easy fixes. Xpadder can help, but it only maps digital button and movements, not analog AFAIK.

SuperStar42

Re: My controller from Radioshack won't respond with the Genesis Emulator "Fusion"

I wonder if you have the same problem as this guy ?

Anyways, I will tell you fusions work with controllers. I also will tell you most controllers that require drivers are going to be the least easy to work with. I'm not going to tell you your controller is junk and I understand it works well with other games. However, if you want a more hassle free controller buy one that does not require drivers. For example and depending on what type of controller style you like, psx 2 usb, or n64 to usb, or Anything to usb (see my sig). There are so many options out there for controllers that work very well. Buying a brand name controller only = drivers and drivers = trouble.

Aside from that, yes fusion does hate some types of controller and there are not many easy fixes. Xpadder can help, but it only maps digital button and movements, not analog AFAIK.

So basically you are saying my controller is unusable with fusion?