My Chiptune Music

Hrothgar

For all of you who don't know, I make Chiptune music. My project name is Phanto Bro, and I thought you guys (and occasional girls) would be interested in perhaps hearing it.

You can click on the album covers below and download them for free if you want to. If you like my work, you welcome to check out my Myspace page. If you add me on Myspace, you also can be updated by my new releases or albums.

Additionally, my album is currently being hosted by the net label Sounds Abound. You find links to all of my works there as well as below and can also find works of other artists. The music featured on Sounds Abound ranges from Black Metal to Mini Grind to Dark Ambient to of course Chiptune. It's a pretty cool place to check out if you're interested in a wide array of music, especially less popular genre's.

I will keep you all posted on new Phanto Bro updates.

Finding the Key of the Phanto Bro​

Progressive in a Retro Sort of Way​

Ana

All I get is [FONT=&quot]The link you are trying to visit has been disabled. [/FONT]

Hrothgar

Lol what? You mean the other music that's being played on Sounds Abound? Yeah, there's a couple of black metal and doom artists on the label, but I'm personally chiptune. I know the guy who runs the label and he releases basically anything he thinks is good so yeah. On a personal note I know one of the guys who does black metal on the site and he's actually one of the nicest people you'd meet. But yeah, if you want you could also download from my myspace page. www.myspace.com/phantobro

Hrothgar

Thanks,

All I use to make the music initially is Famitracker. After that, I use VirtuaNSF to convert the NSF files I make in Famitracker to .Wavs. After that, I put it into Reaper, combine the different parts of songs, and master the sound levels in Reaper.

Anyways, I wanted to put up a new album I made,

Zach

You might want to look into using more traditional program like Orion, Fruity Loops Studio, etc..

You can do very nice things with even the Free VST plugins out there, and there are quite a few nice free ones that emulator SID, NES, etc. Plus even a real good VST synth should be able to produce great sounding Low-Fi stuff.

A potential learning experience I suppose, but you may find it easier to make your tunes once you get used to it, when you can program your instruments, patterns, and lay the tracks down and then master your sound levels all in one program.

Hrothgar

Yeah, I've been thinking about fiddling with Orion for quite some time now. I've been wanting to go into other areas like drone or dark ambient that Famitracker isn't really suited for. The key is really just finding good VSTs. I'm very picky because I don't want VSTs that do too much of the work for you. I kind want to see if I can figure out how to make instruments from scratch.

I still really like Famitracker though. In some ways it gives you freedom but also ties your hands behind your back. The sounds are limited, but you can really bend an instrument. I guess I kind of like having limitations and seeing how far I can go with it.

Zach

I still struggle with finding good VSTs, although I'm kind of backwards.. I like the idea of tweaking a profile already created.. That way finding good sounds is easy but you still have your freedom.

Orion comes with the Toxic synths which are really good synths even though they are pretty basic. But they have tons of dials, knobs, sliders, etc. Plenty of filter control too.

I also like samplers, Reaktor makes some good stuff. Cakewalk Rapture is also very excellent.