Game Problem: Missing MAME files

A_Stranger

Althought this happens to me with a few games I have, I will use Battletoads on MAME as a specific example. Here's the deal: All roms sites seem to allow you to download btoads.zip, and it has four files. However it seems to Zip file is missing several pieces. I looked it up, and this is what I gathered were the missing culprits:

u10.bin
u11.bin
u144.bin
u57.bin
u58.bin
u90.bin

I'm really desperate to get this game to finally work. Before I sign off I'm well aware that no one is to flat out tell me where I could find these files, but if someone could give me a push in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As you're probably aware the main problem is the sites you're grabbing it from are hosting old versions of the rom.
Battletoads doesn't have any parent or bios requirements so you aren't missing anything.

Those additional roms were dumped/added in Mame 0.123u2 (Feb 2008) so using a version of Mame prior to that should have it working. Failing that you need to find a site hosting roms for a version of Mame after 0.123.

You can grab older versions of commandline mame from mame.net and older versions of MameUI (mame32) from www.joymonkey.com

A_Stranger

HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

Damn, I tried pretty everything to get those bastards to work properly (I spent 20 minutes yesterday morning translating a Russian-language thread about this particular topic). It actually works now.

All glory to the FatTrucker! Thank you so much.