MameUI64 lagging on my computer?

themaxednoob

So far I have tried my House of the dead 2 game and my Tokyo wars game and they lag like heck and I can barely move at all

Specs:
a10-5745m APU
8gb ram
8610g Igpu
750gb 5400rpm HDD

Just want to know if my computer is super weak or not, if it is then ok I understand

malloc4096

looks like u have a compound problem going on there...

I don't have any experience emulating on AMD so I don't know what its actually capable of, but In general everyone reports Intel CPUs work much better for Emu's than AMD. I would assume a AMD laptop is one of the worst choices for 3D emulation.

my experience with mame itself is that it's not efficent at emulating 3D games in general, 2D should be fine. And i notice House of the dead 2 is naomi, that will probably run faster on nullDC.

If u want to play with the settings to see what might actually work on your computer, I'll point out a few things since u sound like a newb..

The 32bit mame version will probably run a tad faster than the 64(I don't have experience with the 64bit version, This is just what historically has happened with almost all 64bit apps ever created)

If the games u seek are available on the (0.106) mame or prior versions, that will also run faster than the latest mame release, at the cost tho of less accurate emulation depending on the game.

mame settings that will run faster but make it look worse...
Code:
window 0
waitvsync 0
sleep 0
high_priority 1
rdtsc 1         (v0.106 and bellow)
ddraw 1         (v0.106 and bellow)
video ddraw     (v0.107 and above only)
autoframeskip 0
hwstretch 1
prescale 0
triplebuffer 0
triplebuffer 1     (set this to 1 if u have a lot of screen tearing/sync issues)
switchres 1
keepaspect 1
resolution 640x480x16    (v0.106 and bellow)
resolution 640x480@60    (v0.107 and above only)
samplerate 11025
the mameUI probably has its own settings page, but if u don't know what any of these mean, there is a (docs) folder in the mame directory with the Config/Windows txt with explanation. If u don't know how to implement them, u can simply go to the Mame install directory and create a file in the (ini) directory called (gamename.ini) example (tokyowar.ini) and simply save the appropriate settings in that file, those settings will be active only when that game name launches. IF not already u will also wont to make sure the (mame.ini) exists in the mame root directory, just to make sure its settings point to the init folder.

running 16bit color depth also helps a lot for crappy systems such as laptops. unless its only your cpu at fault lol

..oh yeah win8/10 will take ur Emu performance down a few notches aswell