mame chd help

goatboy413

I know this question gets asked often but its just not working.

I have killer instinct and the chd file. they are labeled kinst and kinst.chd the rom is still zipped so it would be kinst.zip the paths are

C:\mame\roms and thats where kinst. zip is
C:\mame\roms\kinst and this is where kinst.chd is

i've tried kinst 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 and i've tried several kinst.chd files. every time i get chd or rom file missing.

i've tried mame32, mame64, mameUI or UImame (not sure what it is exactly called) and mamep. it just keeps saying the rom or chd is missing. it is driving me absolutely crazy. i've been using emulators for years and never had problems. i can even use saturn emulators (they give me problems but at least they open)

i'm using windows vista 64 bit if that matters.

my question is can any body help me figure this out. i'm not going to ask for links but if you can tell me which version of killer instinct works best? i also have the same problem with killer instinct 2. it just must be a problem with the way i'm setting up mame or chd's.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I find its better to put the CHD's in a CHD folder and use the mame paths to point to them. You must keep them in a folder with the right name.

so for example:

C:\mame\roms\kinst ( rom here )
C:\mame\CHD\kinst ( chd here )

or

C:\mame\roms\kinst ( rom here )
C:\mame\roms\CHD\kinst ( chd here )

Last edited:

goatboy413

it still says it doesn't work but in mameui64 it came up. even after it said a file was missing. plays fine. any advice on marvel vs capcom games? i was told i needed SSF3 to play it. that doesn't make sense

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Likely your roms and or CHD are out of date.

Lots of Mame roms are periodically updated, if you use a newer version of Mame and don't have the updated roms it will report files missing.
You can check the Maws website to see when roms were updated and what files are epxected then compare that to the files you've got in your rom folder.