Emulator Problem: Is my system enough to run Dolphin @ full speed?

Master_OrHan

Here are my specs:

3.1 GHz Phenom II x2 Dual Core
HD 4850 1GB
X-Fi Sound Card
4 GB DDR3 RAM

None of the games run @ full speed on stock PC settings and the bare minimum Dolphin settings. Do I have to OC to get the games like Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Twilight Princess to run @ full speed? Thx all

Jale

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to make them run at full speed, since it has to do with the emulator. Some games run at full speed, some don't.

This is my rig:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (Dolphin uses only 2 out of the 4 cores, so it's basically like a Core 2 Duo).
Radeon 9800 GT 512 MB
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
3 GB RAM DDR2

The games I tried:

Super Mario Sunshine (PAL) runs perfectly at 100% speed.

Zelda Twilight Princess runs almost perfectly (in dungeons). Open fields such as Hyrule Field tends to run very slowly.

The New Super Mario Bros Wii runs mostly at full speed, with some exceptions. It has a few graphical bugs and tends to crash at certain points.

Mario Kart Double Dash runs very well, sometimes at full speed, sometimes it slows down, but nothing to worry about.

Super Smash Bros. Melee runs perfectly at full speed, but it has some minor graphical bugs and the music tends to stop or repeat at some point.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (PAL) runs perfectly, with minor to no bugs. I think this is the most compatible game I've played on it.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker also runs perfectly at full speed.

Keep in mind I've used the latest Dolphin version for this (v2.0).

Master_OrHan

Awesome, thx for the heads up. I played with the settings and improved performance but it varies from game to game like you said. Wish I could get Metroid Prime to play full speed if it will at all. PCSX2 runs like poo for me no matter what. Complete mystery.

I'm not getting 60 FPS in games but they seem to be running too fast anyways like the music and animation is too fast. Any ideas why? thx again.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member