Is it necessary to have boot disc for emuls on ps2?

Softy

Today I did a disck with imbnes...on epsxe on pc it worked perfecly..soon I will try it on ps..
In this case other boot disc or something else no needed..
Is it possible to do discs with pgen and snesstation for modded ps2 and play them
easy..like imbnes..without other stuff..(like swap magic,ar..).? :eek:

hagbard

No, you need either a boot disc or a modchip.

Softy

I dont understand your answer, Hagbard..
In our country almost all PS2 consoles selling with modchips built in...
Soft stuff like AR or swap magic is rare..
So, for emuls pgen and snesstation I need both: modchip and soft stuff,,or only one of them? Please answer clearly ..:(
p.s. I think our country is taking one of first places by pirating discs...it some kinda fun:D ....And friends going to friends with HDD in their hands:cool:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You need either a modchip...either a boot disc (only one of them...it's your choice),that's what hagbard is trying to say.

Offtopic: will STALKER ever come out ?

Last edited:

hagbard

Softy said:
I dont understand your answer, Hagbard..
In our country almost all PS2 consoles selling with modchips built in...
Soft stuff like AR or swap magic is rare..
So, for emuls pgen and snesstation I need both: modchip and soft stuff,,or only one of them? Please answer clearly ..:(
p.s. I think our country is taking one of first places by pirating discs...it some kinda fun:D ....And friends going to friends with HDD in their hands:cool:
pbdizayn is right, a chip or an original (not copied) boot disc.

About the modchips, I think in my country it's not very usual to buy console already modded, most of the times the chip is installed after you bought it. And yes, a PS2 with internal HHD is cool, I can tell you :cool:

Softy

YEEEESSSS!!
I m glad that I need only chipped PS2...actually I have only dendy and PSone and PC...
But my friends have ps2...so I can do a presents for them..))
Actually I burned cd with imbnes...and it works!!! on my PS..
I asked many times but nobody told that CD-XA mode 2 is =ISO 9660 mode 2(XA)
in nero burning rom...it stupid...but I find it myself just playing with nero and experimented..
So now I will do emuls...It will be real progress and big respect for me..
Thank you very much..Hagbard..(you"re smart guy))
and thanks for all))
we"ll see ya:D