Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Now Available

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
You’ll find versions for 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. In addition to English, IE8 Beta 2 is available in Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and German. Additional languages will be available soon.

You’ll find versions for 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. In addition to English, IE8 Beta 2 is available in Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and German. Additional languages will be available soon.

While Beta 1 was for developers, we think that anyone who browses or works on the web will enjoy IE8 Beta 2. Before the team blogs about our Beta 2 in detail, here’s an overview of what you’ll find in IE8.

We focused our work around three themes: everyday browsing (the things that real people do all the time), safety (the term most people use for what we’ve called ‘trustworthy’ in previous posts), and the platform (the focus of Beta 1, how developers around the world will build the next billion web pages and the next waves of great services).

Everyday Browsing
We looked very hard at how people really browse the web. We looked at a lot of data about how people browse and tried a lot of different designs in front of many kinds of people, not just technologists. As tempting as it is to list here all the changes both big and small in IE8, we’ll take a more holistic approach. That’s how we built the product and how we’d like to talk about it.

From our customer research, we saw that the bulk of user activity outside of web pages involved tabs and “navigation” – the act of getting to the site the user wants to get to. We also knew that adding features has an impact only if they’re “in the flow” of how people actually use the product. Another menu item might matter in a checklist on a blog somewhere, but won’t matter to real people browsing. That’s why IE8’s New Tab experience is so remarkable: it’s obvious – after you see it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ext=internet explorer 8 beta 2&DisplayLang=en

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Heh, not even poking it with a stick. I wub Firefox :)

LOL, I used to love Firefox. That was before it started to freeze every 10 minutes. Im using Opera now.

Ana

Firefox will freeze on me sometimes so how is the Opera browser better than Firefox? Do not say well it will not freeze on my computer :biglaugh:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Firefox will freeze on me sometimes so how is the Opera browser better than Firefox? Do not say well it will not freeze on my computer :biglaugh:

Its almost the exact same as Firefox, but it uses less resources and......Guess what, It doesn't freeze

Mavtak

I was thinking about switching to Firefox. After all, it is a quality browser. However, IE8 has addressed my reasons for considering to switch, and continues to add default functionality that Firefox doesn't have.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
I'm still using IE 6.0 and don't see the big deal. Been updating crap for years and finally had it, but then again - why update it if it already works? I remember when IE 5.0 came out and was quick to update, and was I sorry, as I saw many bugs in the software. Was stuck with that damn thing until they finally released 6.0.

You may call me "old-fashioned" or "out-dated" but one thing I know: upgrading isn't always the best thing...

Think I'll wait a few more years... ;)

Last edited:
I use both firefox 3.0 and ie7 the other day i installed ie7 cuz ie6 put that sign of don't send every time and it works ;) although my ie7 is cracked cuz i have the illegal version of windows xp so i like them both

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Alexander_13 when did you downoad E7 if it was last year download it again they took out the Validation Required.

Also I got a illegal copy of XP and it runs fine :)

I download it yesterday from a p2p program in spanish and no need of the validation because is CRACKED is an illegal version ;) and like i said before IE6 was really annoying with the don't send sign and the windows closes and also i play msn pool and you need internet explorer or else with other browser you can't play it.

Alexander_13 when did you downoad E7 if it was last year download it again they took out the Validation Required.

Also I got a illegal copy of XP and it runs fine :)