Infrared Com port

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
i was wondering if it would be possible to create a program that emulates the infrared port of the gameboy color using the infrared port in a laptop so that you can link themup and do for example the "secret gift" of pokemon G/S/C?

onewecallgod

sure its possible... you'd just have to put the time and effort into learning to code for the IR port and implementing that into a GB emulator.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
onewecallgod said:
sure its possible... you'd just have to put the time and effort into learning to code for the IR port and implementing that into a GB emulator.

:msn_devil EVIL :D

TheCreator

i don't think it would be too hard. i remember on mission impossible you could use the infrared port as a remote control. i just don't think anyone has thought about it much. also=, how about a "virtual infrared" thing, where someone on another computer on the same network using the same emulator, you could do a "mystery gift" with someone. Or better still, online.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

TheCreator

-=VampyR=- said:
:D

You said it brother.

Are you saying it's not possible? The infrared is a universal thing that' should be compatible with other infrared ports as well, I mentiuoned mission impossible because on that game there was an option to go on your agent organiser to program the game as a TV remote control. I can't see it being too hard to emulate.

Last edited:

hagbard

I don't think many people could be interested on such a project, honestly