I got a new pc will it run pcsx2 60fps

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That is about what I have and pcsx2 plays fine.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Sheesh, I really got to upgrade my gear! People are leaving my low-end pentium 4 in the dust. :p

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
haha, well I only upgraded to play psx2 games ;)

sonic, pcsx2 is the highest demand emulator out there. Anything that plays pcsx2 will play wii games. Remember wii games are no more powerful then GC games. Its just he fancy controller that is new.

testmachine

Old member
My rig plays pcsx 2 smoothly
CPU:Intel Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.5 Ghz (original
clock speed,overclocked to 3.3 GHZ)
Graphics:Ati Radeon 3200 HD series,1 GB of VRAM
RAM:2 GB DDR2 kingston ram
SPU:C-Media (HD) sound card
so i think that yours will be better.By the way playstation 2 hardware is better than the hardware of the wii.

Jale

CPU. Intel i3 3.3ghs
Gpu. 1g
Ram 4g
"GPU 1G" is not enough info. Having 1 GB of video RAM does not mean it's blazing fast. Provide manuracturer and model number and we'll talk. Also, Intel Core i3 is a low-end processor. I guess it will manage, but forget about 60 fps.

Alex142

to jale

im playing sonic unleashed ps2 version on it and it runs 60fps

and playing gamecube games and they are 100% speed also wiiware games

we games work 90-100% speed

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Game Cube games are no where near as intense as ps2 in the way of emulation. Getting dolphin to run at full speeds is nothing compared to ps2 emulation. playing sonic unleashed at 60 FPS does not surprise me at all, try to find a game with more going on at once and watch your computer be brought to its knees. Plus the emulation its self is not all that perfect, so even using a 8 gig dual core cpu would have issues.

Last edited:

HemaHBK

Intel i3 is not so good i5 will make it run better and Gpu 1g is not enough
I have intel i5 3 ghz ram 4g and the play station is working great it is the same as the real ps2

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
you have a 3 ghz Gpu ? seriously? What planet are you on? The top of the line from nvidia is like 1215 mhz.

Anyways, no you dont need a 3 ghz GPU, trust me. second, I do agree a i5 will help but you can't just go swamping chips here. Everything on that board will have to change.

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
you have a 3 ghz Gpu ? seriously? What planet are you on? The top of the line from nvidia is like 1215 mhz.

Anyways, no you dont need a 3 ghz GPU, trust me. second, I do agree a i5 will help but you can't just go swamping chips here. Everything on that board will have to change.
There is a Dual-core NVidia GPU 1200 mhz 2.0 GB of VRAM.But i don't remember seeing one with 3,0 ghz clock speed.

kakaroto32k

I have an AMD A8 with Radeon6620 HD and 8 gigs of ram, and it still runs at 40 ish fps, is it a plugin situation or just that i don't have enough power to run it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
possible its a compatibility using the AMD A8 processor technology, though not 100% on this . I know dolphin targets the INTEL chips, just a guess. I really dont see the Radeon6620 being a bottleneck and anything over 4 gig is considered not helpful. One way to find bottlenecks is to try and over clock one of the pieces of the puzzle and see what makes it better. for example most cards can be over clocked easily. I found boosting my 8800 card helped so I bought a 280. Now I'm running very nice speeds. Though you really want the fasts speed you can get out of your CPU for this type of emulator.