how to bypass MAME 'ok' screens?

frank klug

I need a MAME expert :) I'm using MAMEUI32 0.135 and want to know if there's a way to configure it to bypass these screens w/o having to always press 'ok' or move a controller left+right. I only found one setting (default game options --> misc) that allows you to turn off the game info prompt, but not any others.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You only have to do the OK thing the first time you play a game. Every subsequent play it won't show. Obviously there's an option within Mame to turn off the other Gameinfo screens.

You can compile your own version of Mame using the Mame source and a .diff to remove this permanently if you want to but since it only happens once for each game you play its a lot of messing about.

frank klug

The ok prompt you're talking about is for the game info, which can be turned off in MAME. There's no option to turn off the prompts that say the emulation isn't 100%. Those appear every time you run the game.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The ok prompt you're talking about is for the game info, which can be turned off in MAME. There's no option to turn off the prompts that say the emulation isn't 100%. Those appear every time you run the game.

You can't turn off the disclaimer screen in the Mame options. It will always show the first time you run any mame rom. If you read his post he's already enabled the skip gameinfo option, this doesn't turn off the disclaimer though, the only way to remove it is by compiling a custom build or starting each game at least once.