How do you make a Wind turbine?

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
I wanted to start a project on a mini wind turbine to attach to my shed or something which inturn would recharge batteries as such.

My question is what exactly would i need and how can i do it, i've searched the internet but ain't found something i can do which would recharge batteries.

On another note since on a normal fan it goes:
Electricity = Spin.
And on a wind turbine it goes:
Spin = Electricity.

Is there away to reverse what a normal fan does?
If so how, thanks for hearing me go on and on.
Oh and yes i am a science geek v.v
Just love how technology works.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Last edited:

dpartenov

WindTurbo is a program for designing new wind turbines or analyzing existing ones. The software is based on one dimensional blade element momentum theory. This method can be carried out using a spreadsheet of lift and drag curves for the chosen aerofoil. The software allows designers to insert different aerofoils and setup initial angle of blades. WindTurbo enables manufacturers to test new wind turbine on the virtual environment and pick the best ones for further development. By this way is speed up and improved the design process.

WindTurbo features

Test new wind turbine on the computer to quickly determine base parameters of the turbine.

Analyze and compare different type of turbine.

Design of either stall or pitch control turbine.

Prandtl's tip loss correction.

Using logarithmic "law" to describe the height dependence of the mean wind speed.

Using Powell algorithm for optimizing the geometry of blades.

Prediction of annual production of energy and optimum power of a turbine.

Using various type of aerofoils for tip and hub of blade in GUI version of WindTurbo.

Starting performance and estimating the cut-in wind speed in GUI version of WindTurbo.

Graphic present of results in GUI version of WindTurbo.

Generation of STL output file for rapid prototyping or using in popular CAD software. You can download the program at:
http://www.partenovcfd.com/software.html .

I wanted to start a project on a mini wind turbine to attach to my shed or something which inturn would recharge batteries as such.

My question is what exactly would i need and how can i do it, i've searched the internet but ain't found something i can do which would recharge batteries.

On another note since on a normal fan it goes:
Electricity = Spin.
And on a wind turbine it goes:
Spin = Electricity.

Is there away to reverse what a normal fan does?
If so how, thanks for hearing me go on and on.
Oh and yes i am a science geek v.v
Just love how technology works.

onewecallgod

An electric motor is inherently a generator and a motor. If you apply a current to it, it will act like a motor and spin, but if you physically turn the output shaft of the motor, it will act as a generator output an AC current.