Help With GBA ROMs

Wishnick

I have downloaded Visual Boy Advance, and Boycott Advance. I can't seem to get any ROMs I download to work for them. I tried downloading a ROM of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance but niether system would run it. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong. I've had an SNES emulator for a while, and haven't had this problem before.

Last edited:
J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, very well. Point and scream, instead of being constructive and pointing out that it isn't allowed and will be edited.

You're probably using bad/fake ROMs. Find another source.

Wishnick

JAPPsmash said:
That's a link to a rom!!! bad done! :confused:

:mad: Didn't realize that I couldn't ask about ROMs here. Oh well. If anybody could tell me why the programs aren't working, it would be appreciated.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
JAPPsmash is right, if you do it a second time you just may be forced to register again. So watch your back.

Wishnick

Well, thanks for all the warnings and all, but does anybody know why these files won't load? What should the filename end in for it to be valid?

J

Jet Set Willy

No, listen: the filename doesn't matter. If it doesn't work, and the game is known to be supported, then you have a dud file.

Wishnick

Well then...feces...:( I'm still new to all the emulation and ROM stuff...Guess I'll just keep searching for a working file...but I'm not having much luck.

J

Jet Set Willy

Best way is to make some friends with some files, or join a community (perhaps on IRC) where file sharing is prevalent.

J

Jet Set Willy

Oh, you're a girl? Just find a bunch of spotty nerds, tell them you're a girl, and they'll bend over backwards to give you some games.