Graphics error with Silent Hill (ePSXe 1.6.0)

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Basically, around all of the characters, there is a semi-transparent white rectangle[<-Fixed], and during the running scenes (when he's running on a black background) it lags a lot (11-12 FPS).[Same with item screens, whenever he leaves an area, etc., fine other than that though]
Point is, I want it to be fullscreen with good colors. Is this possible?

My computer's statistics:
Windows SP2
480MB RAM
1.67 GHz
S3 ProsavageDDR

So, some help please? (on either speed or graphics problem, whichever you know the answer to :p )

Last edited:

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Oh, and feel free to submit plugins/plugins config.s/both.
I use-
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.74
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: None

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Oh man, I'm sorry guys, I forgot to check before hand. Anyway, fixed the white rectangle issue, but the lagging still remains. We're cool though, right? :my_specoo

montpics

Try to edit your post next time. :eek:

Speaking of your Graphic Card (I doubt that's your problem), you try to switch to P.E.Op.S GPU plugin (or Pete's OpenGL), and try to set to 'Fast' setting and set the FPS setting to 60.

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Try to edit your post next time. :eek:

Speaking of your Graphic Card (I doubt that's your problem), you try to switch to P.E.Op.S GPU plugin (or Pete's OpenGL), and try to set to 'Fast' setting and set the FPS setting to 60.
So then there is no way to stop lag and have fullscreen? I do not like it when pixels end up being messed with to make a larger resolution. (PEOPS does that when played in fullscreen). Perhaps you know of a way to make it pixelated instead? That would make me content. :D . Either that or perhaps some way to stop lag while using a Pete's D3D based plugin? I know I'm whining but I want to see if it's possible. :happy:

Also, sorry about not just simply editing my post. (-_-'')

Last edited:

Xiedo

I know just what you mean about pixels. Select the 'Use system memory' option in the Peops Soft Driver config.

Unfortunately this may also tend to lag, but the fullscreen will be virgin-pixelated... no interpolating dung.

montpics

So then there is no way to stop lag and have fullscreen? I do not like it when pixels end up being messed with to make a larger resolution. (PEOPS does that when played in fullscreen). Perhaps you know of a way to make it pixelated instead? That would make me content. :D . Either that or perhaps some way to stop lag while using a Pete's D3D based plugin? I know I'm whining but I want to see if it's possible. :happy:
P.E.Op.S GPU plugin is intended to make the game look the same pixel as you play the game with the real console, no matter how big the resolution is. Remember the old TV is normally set to 640*480? :)

As for Pete's GPU, it may enhance the 3D looked better but you need a better graphic card in order to make the game run smoothly. It doesn't make any big changes on how big you set the resolution is. 1024*768 should be enough for me. ;)

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
I know just what you mean about pixels. Select the 'Use system memory' option in the Peops Soft Driver config.

Unfortunately this may also tend to lag, but the fullscreen will be virgin-pixelated... no interpolating dung.
I see, I'll have to try that, thank you. :D

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
P.E.Op.S GPU plugin is intended to make the game look the same pixel as you play the game with the real console, no matter how big the resolution is. Remember the old TV is normally set to 640*480? :)

As for Pete's GPU, it may enhance the 3D looked better but you need a better graphic card in order to make the game run smoothly. It doesn't make any big changes on how big you set the resolution is. 1024*768 should be enough for me. ;)
Ah, I figured so much. I don't like my Graphics card. It makes me unhappy. :dry: . Thanks for the input though. :my_specoo