graphics card question for pcsx 2 .9.8

RavenX13

ello everyone .. today is my birthday and ive been looking into upgrading my pc for my emulators .... my current graphics card is an nvidia geforce 9200
my cpu is a amd athlon II x2 255 processor 3.10 ghz
they run pcsx 2 0.9.8 fairly well... but certain games run a bit low on the fps... im not sure if its a plugin issue or if my hardware needs to be improved... any suggestion on a better graphics card that would kick up the frame rate or maybe i need to up my cpu???
more or less im looking for a nvidia card that has the umph to push the frame rate up and if i have to the ill look into new cpu's to boost the core processor speed... any details from your own specs that could assist me?

testmachine

Old member
Well if you're willing to spend a lot of money then i can reccomend you only these parts:
Buy a Nvidia GTX series graphics (they cost around 150-300$ even more) and a intel core i5 or a i7.

criosray

ello everyone .. today is my birthday and ive been looking into upgrading my pc for my emulators .... my current graphics card is an nvidia geforce 9200
my cpu is a amd athlon II x2 255 processor 3.10 ghz
they run pcsx 2 0.9.8 fairly well... but certain games run a bit low on the fps... im not sure if its a plugin issue or if my hardware needs to be improved... any suggestion on a better graphics card that would kick up the frame rate or maybe i need to up my cpu???
more or less im looking for a nvidia card that has the umph to push the frame rate up and if i have to the ill look into new cpu's to boost the core processor speed... any details from your own specs that could assist me?

I think in your case videocard upgrade will matter a lot.