Graphics Card for PS1 games.

cloud4004

What's a good graphics card to have for running ps1 games? :happy:
I ask because I'm about to buy one (I'd like not to spend over $100).

Corey4666

thanks man good luck with getting ps1 to work better on your pc if you buy any of those cards i can tell ya what configs worked for me if you need help

onewecallgod

Corey4666 said:
MSI FX5200 128mb 60$ runs ps1 games good
NVIDIA Geforce 4 64mb 40$ runs good also
the entire FX5*** series was terrible, they all sucked balls. it may seem good, but anything can emulate PS1 without issues. i have no issues playing with my radeon 7200, which was a decent card around 5 years ago.

if you also do some PC gaming, i'd recommend the nVidia 6600

Corey4666

@onewecallgod i have bought a MSI FX5200 128mb i thought it would be better since it has "128mb" instead of "64mb" what should i stick with the 64mb Geforce 4? or the 128 MSI? which one is better i mean

Jale

You should consider core speed too. I bought my ATI Radeon 9200 SE because I didn't need too much video power since I was working with graphic apps.

onewecallgod

Corey4666 said:
@onewecallgod i have bought a MSI FX5200 128mb i thought it would be better since it has "128mb" instead of "64mb" what should i stick with the 64mb Geforce 4? or the 128 MSI? which one is better i mean
this is a common misconception. more videoram doesn't mean better performance. it also depends on how well the core was designed. the FX5200 has a shitty, piss poor performing core, where 128mb will make it marginally better than than an FX5200 with 64mb.

you should definitely stick with the GeForce4. that was an amazing core, which actually outperforms the FX5200, FX5500 and FX5600 that replaced it.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
cloud4004 said:
onewecallgod is so negative about everything...

You can also call that realistic. I like it, because when he calls something truly great, you know he means it...

montpics

alcoatjez said:
You can also call that realistic. I like it, because when he calls something truly great, you know he means it...
And he knocked out my graphic card. :eek: :p

hagbard

6600 GT it's a good choice IMHO even the 128Mb version, better than a 6600 256Mb non GT