Google Chrome

Jale

Has anyone tried it? Did you like it? I'm currently downloading it so I can give it a try.

For those who don't know what Google Chrome is, it's a new web browser made by Google and it was released yesterday.

If any of you are interested, here's the LINK.

EDIT 1 - It's very fast and apparently it's based on Firefox engine.

Last edited:

Danny

I've been using it for a few hours now, so far so good. It's really quick. I'm undecided on whether or not to use it as my main browser, I miss my firefox plugins.

It's doesn't use the same engine as Firefox. It uses webkit, same as safari.

Jale

Well, I said apparently becuase I was not sure. And yeah, I haven't decided it either because of the same thing. I miss my plugins.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
IE7 and Firefox 3.0.1 for me
- Well I cant understand ie7, other then when its needed and FF fails. but google's browser is based on webkit, the one that has the highest compatibility.

I wish it had spoofing. some pages wont run ( like hotmail ). They also have no skinning ( that i can find ) , wired but no biggie, and no plugins..

Google, mission: to take over the world.. Next up google os..

googleos3.jpg

Yes its fake!!

Last edited:

Jale

Me either. In fact, there's already a Google OS for internal use only (an OS for themselves).

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Chrome eats way too much of my system resources to be considered right now. And the whole separate processes thing is more pain than use to me. So, I hope it gets better in next release.