GetTickCount Problem→Retroarch Help

Genmu20

Note: This is my first time creating a thread.

When I open a emulator on particular (Like Duckstation, mGBA, or Kronos), a little message appear this:

GetTickCount.PNG

Translation:
The entry point of the GetTickCount procedure in the Dynamic Link Library is not found.
api-ms-core-sysinfo-l1-2-0.dll.

Though, emulators like the first two (Duckstation and mGBA respectively) runs normal after closing the message but other the emulator like Kronos does not let me open the app due this said problem.

I tried solve this problem in multiple ways, such as putting api-ms-core-sysinfo-l1-2-0.dll. extension into both Windows's Systems 32 & 64, installing Visual C++ or revising if all the system is okay via CMD. Unfortunaly, none of these help me...

So my question is: How can I solve this problem?

pix07

Im think only updates for your operating system can help.

But i was find other solution:

Click on start, hold CTRL+Shift and click on run (This will give you admin elevated run box)

Enter the following command :

regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll

Rerun the elevated run box and enter the following :

regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll

if you arent certain you have the file, I would recommend doing a full scan to fix it - open command prompt with elevated priv's. and type SFC /scannow - this will will a while (its system file checker) follow the on screen instructions to resolve each issue.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1652149-api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing

PS;By the way regsvr32 register library in windows registry.

Robert

You didn't say what OS you're running, but I'd guess you're using XP or Vista, which don't support that entry point.

Genmu20

Im think only updates for your operating system can help.

But i was find other solution:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1652149-api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing

PS;By the way regsvr32 register library in windows registry.
Well, I tried to update to operating system, but Windows says that can't find any update...

However, I with the elevated run box I typed "regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll", and this what I got:
RegSvr32.PNG

Translation:
The module "api-ms-win-core-path-11-2-0.dll" could not be loaded.
"api-ms-win-core-path-11-2-0.dll”.

Make sure that the binary file is stored in the specified path or
in the specified path or debug it to check for problems in the binary file or
check for problems in the binary file or dependent .DLL files.
the dependent .DLL files.

The specified module cannot be found.

However, the problem is that I already did that process of the command box via cmd:
cmd.PNG

Already typed "SFC /scannow" but this what I get instead:
cmd 2.PNG
Translation:
Starting examination in the system. This process will take some time.

Initiating the testing phase of the system test.
The check is 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

However, reading the comments from the link posted (community spicework),one of them says this:
Finally if that doesnt work, try tracing back to when the error started, what software was installed just before it started - chances are that will be your culprit.
That means checking my installations or extensions if any of them are not corrupted or damaged?
You didn't say what OS you're running, but I'd guess you're using XP or Vista, which don't support that entry point.
My OS is a Windows 7.

pix07

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 It should work of course if you have x64 operating system with service pack 1.

Because duckstation,mGBA and Kronos are for x64 bit os.

You can run everything even without updates if you try retroarch called also libretro i will give link.

Because that emulator can be downloaded with all cores offline.

Here you go:

https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.9.13/windows/

X86_64 for 64 bit capable cpu.

x86 for 32 cpu.

You just download emulator and cores then extract to folder created by running retroarch.

I will also do guide for you.:)

RetroArch can be overwhelming to newbies. When you open it up there are no pre-installed cores (on PC), so you will need to go to the online updater and select them yourself. So, here’s my list of cores:
  • Arcade: FinalBurn Neo
  • Atari 2600: Stella
  • Atari 5200: Atari800
  • Atari 7800: ProSystem
  • Atari Jaguar: Virtual Jaguar
  • Atari Lynx: Beetle Lynx
  • Atari ST, STE, TT, Falcon: Hatari
  • Commodore Amiga: PUAE
  • Commodore C128: Vice x128
  • Commodore C64: Vice X16 accurate
  • Doom: PrBoom (but zDoom and GZDoom are better)
  • DOS: DOSBox-Pure
  • Microsoft MSX: fMSX
  • NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx/CD: Beetle PCE Fast
  • NEC SuperCrafx: Beetle SuperGrafx
  • NEC PC-98: Neko Project II Kai
  • Nindendo 3DS: Citra (not Citra 2018 unless needed)
  • Nintendo DS: DeSmuMe has more resolutions, melonDS is faster & has many options as well.
  • Nintendo Game Boy, GBC, GBA: mGBA
  • Nintendo NES/Famicom: Mesen
  • Nintendo SNES: SNES9X or BSNES HD for widescreen hacks
  • Nintendo 64: ParaLLEI for accuracy, Mupen64Plus-Next for speed (it’s really good too)
  • Nintendo GameCube/Wii: Dolphin
  • ScummVM for old click adventure games (Lucas Arts, Sierra, etc.)
  • Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, etc.: Genesis Plus GX OR PicoDrive for some 32x or SegaCD games that don’t play nice with Genesis Plus GX
  • Sega SG-1000: Gearsystem
  • Sega Saturn: beetle Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast: Flycast OR Reicast (which is not part of RetroArch)
  • Sharp X68000: PX68k
  • SNK Neo Geo CD: NeoCD
  • Sony PlayStation: Beetle PSX for accuracy, PCSX ReARMed for speed)
  • Sony PlayStation 2: PCSX2
  • PlayStation Portable: PPSSPP
  • Panasonic 3D0: Opera

https://teksyndicate.com/the-best-r...top-performance-options-for-raspberry-pi-etc/

Last edited:

Genmu20

@Genmu20 It should work of course if you have x64 operating system with service pack 1.

Because duckstation,mGBA and Kronos are for x64 bit os.

You can run everything even without updates if you try retroarch called also libretro i will give link.

Because that emulator can be downloaded with all cores offline.

Here you go:

https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.9.13/windows/

X86_64 for 64 bit capable cpu.

x86 for 32 cpu.

You just download emulator and cores then extract to folder created by running retroarch.

I will also do guide for you.:)

https://teksyndicate.com/the-best-r...top-performance-options-for-raspberry-pi-etc/
Thanks for the Retroarch (Libretro)(y)

...though I think I would need a guide for this emulator because to be honest, I find configuring this emulator way more complex and confusing...:rolleyes:
I remeber trying to use the said emulator just to play Sega Saturn, but couldn't because I don't know where to do the process. (Like, should I need to install cores inside the emulator, or vice-versa?)

However, It will be grateful if you can pass me a guide or a tutorial for this emulator.

About the Updates, welp, I managed to updated the operating systems...well except for two things:
Update Problem.PNG
2.PNG
Those two upgraded options that are marked are the ones that did not make it through the update installation. But are those two important or not?

And another problem, after updating for the most of the part of the system, that message of GetTickCount is still appearing... should I need to find another solutions or do about the libretro?

Hoping for the answers.:unsure:

EDIT:
@pix07 Nevermind, I finally managed how to load the roms. Just let me check If I can configure the paths of the roms and how to configure video systems...😅

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 Follow this guide:

I was give you link for the full retroarch because i was thinking that you have problem with internet connection.

Or was thinking you want all cores.

You can alse change retroarch gui and other options.

I will give screenshots now.

xmb is that bluish gui.

And shaders:

https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders

Shaders are literally video filters use them if you have good GPU.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-26-10.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-26-10.png
    129 KB · Views: 3
  • Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-26-29.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-26-29.png
    49 KB · Views: 3
  • Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-27-08.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-21 05-27-08.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Genmu20

Ok, after doing a long process, Retroarch is ready... However, there is a doubt that I need help for:

*TurboGrafx-CD ISOs loading
-Whanever I try to load a ISO of TurboGrafx (ex. Rondo of Blood) on the Retroarch via Beetle PCE, all what I get is just a black screen .
Beetle PCE black screen.PNG
I already put all the bios in the folder as well setting the core and the isos for the said emulator via desktop menu:
BIOS.PNG settled.PNG
But when loading a rom, the already-said black screen still appears... what should I do? Did I chose the wrong file? Or it is the core? Hoping for answers.

EDIT:
Sorry, i already managed how to load them; instead of using ISOs use .cue instead. Forgive me for doing this kind of things...😓

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 Nah dont worry ask when you want :)

Do you want use shaders in your games ?

If yes i give screenshots how use them.

Last edited:

Genmu20

Yeah, also I want to know other stuff such as how do I configure the video and emulator plugins. Since I want to have the same set as each emulator of respective console like video, sound and all that stuff. Here's some pics so you can see what I mean:
Duck ver.PNG RetroArch ver..PNG

Last edited:

pix07

So after set up to xmb and restart retro arch all settings are here:

@Genmu20

Update shaders and overlays then go to video settings and choose filter.

Other settings are under drivers.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-23 05-46-33.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-23 05-46-33.png
    321 KB · Views: 3
  • Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-23 05-47-58.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2021-11-23 05-47-58.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 You choose video-> video filter.

And this:

Last edited: