Gens - Can't get Fullscreen Mode To Fit My Screen

Jon M

Okay, so I'm running Gens. I know ALT+ENTR is the full screen mode, but when I click this the game shows up in a box in the middle of the screen with black borders around the outside filling the rest of my screen. When I just maximize the screen using the maximize button in the top right it looks fine, except it has the top bar, and file, video, sound, etc. bar which is kind of annoying and throws off the whole full screen funk sway.

Any idea how to fix this? I find the Gens emulator to be quite limiting in the graphics section as there really aren't any resolution settings available to tweak so I'm not sure where to start. Suggestions?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
fusion is the bet sega emulator IMO. Though when you have that black boarder it means A) you didnt enable stretch to fit or B) there is no stretch to fit and you must set the res to match that of the tv.

Last edited:

Jon M

It is set stretch to fit. How do you tweak resolution in Gens? I don't see the option to do so anywhere.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I tried to figure out how to do it but I dont see a way. Is there a reason you are using such an old un up to data emulator?

gens+: unsure
gens32 ( aka surreal ) has many video options
fusion: has all kinds of video adjustments.