General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

nicksolazy

Hey I have a problem. I load everything do all the bin stuff and everything. When i load my game none of my keyboard buttons work. Anyone know how to configure it?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Before you load a game open Config from the toolbar, select Gamepad and then port 1. You can define your controls in there.

kuzai

i'm trying to use controller now, but i couldn't use it in game..any help?do i need another driver or something?

thx for the helps

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Does the pad map to the controls ok in the Pad config utility?. You need to click on each button description displayed on screen, then push the button or direction on your pad that you want to use for that function. You should see the text change to identify the button press you've just made.

If you have successfully mapped your controller in the ePSXe pad config utility then also consider that ePSXe allows you to select the type of emulated controller (digital pad, dual shock etc) this will be the drop down menu in the top right corner of the pad utility screen.
I have found that ePSXe will expect different types of controller dependent on the game.

For example, I use a Dual Shock 2 with ePSXe and with most games its fine but some older games like Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen, won't work with it, however if I go back into controller config and set the controller as a PS1 Digital Pad (the one without analogue sticks) it works perfectly even though I am still using the same controller, so you need to use the pad config utility to tell ePSXe what type of Playstation controller you want it to emulate.

Hope that makes sense. If you're still stuck or not sure what I mean then post again.

Last edited:

sir juoelvis

i did all u said (just if this has to do with it not working i live in brazil.)
it appeared a window when i clicked on epsxe the translation is this:
this applicative can not be started because zlib1.dll wasnt found, the reinstall can correct the problem.i reinstalled it 2 times!!

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Well, in what format are these games? Isos? Go back to the first post on the first page in this thread. Do all the configuration steps, and when the emulator is fully configured check the second part of step 9 in that post. That gives you somewhere to begin to figure it out. if you get stuck after that post again and include as much info on the problem as possible.

sir juoelvis

i did all the things he said (all but put it in c:program files, cuz my big brother blocked it i dont know how, does this matter? i put it in c:epsxe) and the files are just llike this one
ex:
Ridge Racer Type 4.dt2
thx

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Easy now. You won't get help faster by shouting about it and bumping the thread.

In answer to your question: No, it doesn't matter where you put the emulator. epsxe folder is ok. The problem is the file extension on your game. Do they all end with DT2? That's not an extension I recognize and googling it turns up something about raster information files which I don't think is what you have.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
sorry just jokin :)
but what CAN i do?

Read my posts more closely! :msn_tongu

I asked: Do they all end with DT2? That means your games.

Oh no... I think I just found the answer. Check to see how big the "game file" is? Shouldn't be more than 100kb right? That's not games. That's configuration files for the Delta frontend. My guess is you have no games then, so until you do you won't be able to play. Sorry.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As retroguiden said what you've downloaded is the ePSXe with the Delta Front-End, you don't actually have any game files to load in the first place.

You best bet would be to download the latest version (1.7) of ePSXe from this site. Don't bother with Delta as its a waste of time and only duplicates what ePSXe does anyway.

Next you will need a PS1 bios rom. We can't link to one here as it breaches the forum rules so you will need to find one yourself. The most common one is called scph1001. This is the Playstations operating system and the emulator won't work without it.
Once you've got the necessary bios you need to source PS1 games in ISO format. These are disk images and will typically be a few hundred Megabytes in size or you can rip your original PS1 disks yourself.

sir juoelvis

explain calmly please im not much of good in fixin with emulators so i got the bios u said already, ewhat do i du?
whats wgl?
thx for the attention:)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Ok firstly it doesn't look like you have any game files, just emultor setup files for the games but not the games themselves.

wgl will be referring to your videocard or settings. What spec is the PC you are trying to run it on?, i.e Processor, Videocard, Ram, and operating system.