General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
Hello.
I'm new when it comes to emulators so forgive me if this queston has alredy been answered. I followed all instructions on the first page of the post but when i try to run the program i get an error message

"This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the appplication may fix this problem."

I've tryed redownloading it 3 times but i get the same thing.
Any help would be much apprecieated.

*Ah i found a fix on my own. I just had to do a google quest to find the file in question!*

Last edited:

Horror

I need some major help right here. I'm on step# 3: Configuring the video. When I click config to choose one of the plug-ins nothing happens. My computer chooses neither and I can't go any further. Anyone know what the problem is?.

robieX13

hi all. as you see i registered today in here, looking for help with the ePSXe,
i successfully configured the emulator, did all the hard work, but there is only one problem.. icant start playing beacuse i cant find any game..lol so if someone can help i would aprreciate

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
So are u sayin that when u go to File>Run ISO nothin shows up? Or are u askin where to find ISOs?

spotanjo3

Remember, the rules say that we cannot help you where to find the games. Google is your best bet and if you still can't find it then we are sorry but it is against the rules here to tell you where.

Riku

Yo guys

I've downloaded everythng it says here....

but i also had to download

xlib1.dll...

Since the plugings included in this are older..i have the newest versions of them...

When i run my ISO (final fantasy :ultima edition) i get these messages:

Gpupeteonengl2:Missing render texture extension

Peteopengl2:No pixel format found

Im not quite sure when im missing so are any of you able to tell me?

Cheers guys

~Riku

kandoo

Hello.
I'm new when it comes to emulators so forgive me if this queston has alredy been answered. I followed all instructions on the first page of the post but when i try to run the program i get an error message

"This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the appplication may fix this problem."

I've tryed redownloading it 3 times but i get the same thing.
Any help would be much apprecieated.

*Ah i found a fix on my own. I just had to do a google quest to find the file in question!*
Thank you

geohound420

Re: to much speed

hello im running ff8 off the cd and my epsxe is running way to fast how can i fix this plz help me out thanks

Last edited:

gopack

Hey guys im new to the site, I downloaded everything, im pretty sure i have it all there, i used alcohol 120% and made an image of my ff9 disc 1 and when i launch epsxe i get a black screen and it says we have encountered a problem and have to close, if this has been answered before i apologize, but any suggestions?

eViLaNgeL

For some reason i cant play PS2 game (using Pcsx2). When i try to run the game i open PS2 console where i can change languange time zone....
Pls Help

y8ycgl

When i got to the part where i had to run ePSXe.exe it said zlib1.dll was not found... what does that mean?

nvm! XD

Last edited:

vultures

you're missing ASPI layer, give a try to forceASPI. If you're using win 2k/Xp you can switch to SPTI (IOCTL).

Anyway, to use an *original* FF9 PAL CD on ePSXe, you'll need the specific patches. Get only the files for your region (PAL UK). Then unzip the patches (.ppf) to ePSXe "patches" folder, then rename each one acording its respective CDs: In FF9 CD number 1 main folder there is a file named "SLES_029.69". Rename the .pff exactlly as that file, the same for the other CDs, but note the SLES_#.29.69 will have "1", "2", and "3" instead "#".
Don't forget to and leave them on the "patches" folder. Should load OK then ;)

Nvm this post, I downloaded PSXfin and it worked flawlessly right off the bat, none of this extra stuff missing

Last edited:

djones_20

Hey, I just finished DL the epsxe as well as the plugins, now I'm at the step to open it, but I get the error "This application has failed to start because
zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I've re-installing several times, and have not been able to get pass this step and am now unsure of what to do.

Hashinator89

Hey, I just finished DL the epsxe as well as the plugins, now I'm at the step to open it, but I get the error "This application has failed to start because
zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I've re-installing several times, and have not been able to get pass this step and am now unsure of what to do.

I'm having the same problem, except i'm not sure about the installation. Does it automatically install once you unzip? Thanks.

EDIT: Google search seems to help, hint hint for newbies like me.

Last edited: