GAMECUBE Emulator for MAC?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyrkage22

The Old Kid?!
Okay... if there are any Emulator developpers out there who are hearing this, please pay attention!

The only Game Cube emulator for Mac is Gcube, possibly a good one but is not at all compatible with my computer (well, actually, it's an uncompiled program and its compilers do not work on my computer.)

So developpers... do you think you could maybe make a compatible GameCube emulator for Mac? :happy:

MONKEY_NUTS

Zephyrkage22 said:
Okay... if there are any Emulator developpers out there who are hearing this, please pay attention!

The only Game Cube emulator for Mac is Gcube, possibly a good one but is not at all compatible with my computer (well, actually, it's an uncompiled program and its compilers do not work on my computer.)

So developpers... do you think you could maybe make a compatible GameCube emulator for Mac? :happy:

Nope..:happy:

Max_buster

ticktock said:
we sortof dont have one for PC either
Exactly =3 The gamecube, PS2, and Xbox can't be played on the PC atm. Technology for computers can't hold it yet :p

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
but if I can play Nintendo 64 on my mac, why can't I play GameCube? they're basically the same.....

ummm...
no they arent!
the system capablities..
its...
purple color...
disk cartridge..

For you to even say that, its hard to talk, no wonder you have a Mac

Zephyrkage22

The Old Kid?!
I wasn't exactly talking system capabilities.... I was more stating the fact that N64 and GameCube appear to be very similiar; the graphics, the speed, the sound quality.... i am a "newbie" when it comes to gaming systems, but necessarily when it comes to computers.

Well I suppose I can wait until they make computers suitable for a GameCube emulator. I was merely hoping I could get the word out that people want it.

onewecallgod

Zephyrkage22 said:
I wasn't exactly talking system capabilities.... I was more stating the fact that N64 and GameCube appear to be very similiar; the graphics, the speed, the sound quality.... i am a "newbie" when it comes to gaming systems, but necessarily when it comes to computers.
they are far from similar, even from a technological standpoint....

MONKEY_NUTS

Zephyrkage22 said:

Well I suppose I can wait until they make computers suitable for a GameCube emulator. I was merely hoping I could get the word out that people want it.

*dies from noob pain*

montpics

onewecallgod said:
they are far from similar, even from a technological standpoint....
Perhaps you should check the hardware of both consoles before you state that comment. :cool:

onewecallgod

montpics said:
Perhaps you should check the hardware of both consoles before you state that comment. :cool:
perhaps you should also do the same. last time i checked....

400mhz IBM (or toshiba, i dont remember) CPU was different from a 100mhz CPU
a 32mb cartridge was different from a 2.5gb mini-dvd
SGI 63mhz graphics was different to "custom" 162mhz graphics
two memory cards slots different to one
...and the list goes on.

better luck next time ;)

Zephyrkage22

The Old Kid?!
ok ok guys, it doesn't matter if GameCube and N64 are alike or not, my only request is that somebody makes a GameCube emulator, even if the compatibility level is terrible!!!!

onewecallgod

Zephyrkage22 said:
ok ok guys, it doesn't matter if GameCube and N64 are alike or not, my only request is that somebody makes a GameCube emulator, even if the compatibility level is terrible!!!!
theres no demand for mac support, just because you guys suck and no one cares. on a less offensive note, once x86 macs start coming out, compatability on all fronts should look better for you peeps.

dude10

Max_buster said:
Exactly =3 The gamecube, PS2, and Xbox can't be played on the PC atm. Technology for computers can't hold it yet :p
WHAT??????? look at max payne and how it looks better on a (good) pc and then look how it was ported to xbox. i saw that the graphics went down a little from game informer. So, (good) computers (unlike mine) should have BETTER graphics than a sh**ty gamecube

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Gamecube emulators for the MAC, as onewecallgod said, should start appearing once the first x86 Mac's hit the market(somebody should be able to start porting the emulators to MacOS if the platform architecture is the same).

dude10 said:
WHAT??????? look at max payne and how it looks better on a (good) pc and then look how it was ported to xbox. i saw that the graphics went down a little from game informer. So, (good) computers (unlike mine) should have BETTER graphics than a sh**ty gamecube
Console games are usually written to take advantage of a specific hardware unlike PC games where you have many processors and graphics cards to consider, that means that not all games look better on a pc.

As for why you need a more powerful PC to run a less powerful console you might want to use the search button as there are already several threads on that matter :)

Last edited:

Zephyrkage22

The Old Kid?!
onewecallgod said:
theres no demand for mac support, just because you guys suck and no one cares. on a less offensive note, once x86 macs start coming out, compatability on all fronts should look better for you peeps.

there's no demand, eh? what do you think i'm trying to do? I'm DEMANDING!!! There should be mac support, macs don't suck! If you haven't noticed, people use macs for professional animation. For all I care, macs are just as good as PCs, and maybe you shouldn't state your opinion when you're completely biased.

onewecallgod

Zephyrkage22 said:
there's no demand, eh? what do you think i'm trying to do? I'm DEMANDING!!! There should be mac support, macs don't suck! If you haven't noticed, people use macs for professional animation. For all I care, macs are just as good as PCs, and maybe you shouldn't state your opinion when you're completely biased.
you shouldnt state your opinion when you dont know what you're talking about. first of all, cater to the masses: when over 90% of computer users use some sort of Windows OS, who are you going to write an emulator for? you guessed it, windows. most real professional animation artists render their animations with super computers, such as SGI deallies (something i learned recently). we can argue all day on whats better macs or PCs, but at the end of the day, you lose. we have far better compatability, we have a far better record, we have a far better innovation and hell, macs at the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007 will be a PC. sorry mac fanboy, you're not going to be special anymore, though you havent been special for a long time. Steve Jobs happens to be a master at marketing making you believe that.

Zephyrkage22

The Old Kid?!
Look, I don't care what's better, mac or pc, who cares, but i don't care if 90% chose windows, i just care that some of us have macs and we don't have money to buy a PC and we don't want to get damn viruses, so we would like an emulator too. What is the problem with me asking for that??!?!?!

onewecallgod

you're demanding the wrong people. none of us here write emulators.

you sound like a 4 year old demanding his mother to stop the rain.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Just fot the record. Emulators authors develop those emulators because they like what they are doing and do it on their spare time. That means we have no right to demand anything and just be thankful about what we have.

Though I agree with you that Macs are quite powerfull pieces of hardware and some emulators would probably run better on them(Gamecube has a PowerPC processor) an emulator author will never make an emulator if he/she does not know the operating system or architecture.

It's all a matter of time until somebody releases one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.