Flac files??

seether9111

ummmm i forget
WTF are FLAC files, and how do I open them??

Thanks!

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
WTF are FLAC files, and how do I open them??

Thanks!

Doesn't it take you less time to google the answer than to post here and wait for someone else to answer (and perhaps google it)?

This link explains FLAC. As for players supporting FLAC I think you could find out on your own.

seether9111

ummmm i forget
why does anyone even post here at all then, if we should just google everything?

furthermore, if you did not like my thread, you simply should not have responded, no need to be a smart-ass:dry:

Last edited:

JoshM22

I am not trying to be a dick, but just face it. Your going to find some people that aren't too friendly on the internet. Just remember this don't take anything to heart anyone says on the net. I learned that one very, very fast.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass. I just find it weird that when it comes down to finding out something simple like "What is this word" or "What does this program/file/whatever do" it's a simple google search (or whatever search engine you prefer) away. Or why not bookmark Wikipedia for times like this?

These type of forums are good for more complicated problems like "Why is my screen black and blu" or "When I press 1 it moves, when I eat icecream someone yells". Or whatever.

Come on, One click on the google bookmark. Typing four letters. pressing enter.
And presto, the answer is in the *first* link. Not the third or halfway down the page but right up on top. I know I don't want to wait for hours or perhaps days to know the answer from a forum when it so often are so easy to get fast.
And I know you feel that way too if you can look beyond hurt feelings or whatever toes you may think I stepped on here.

You are free to post whatever questions you like (and I did give you the answer!) but so am I. And in the name of friendliness I was just wondering if it hadn't been easier/faster/whatever to try google/wikipedia first...

JoshM22

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass. I just find it weird that when it comes down to finding out something simple like "What is this word" or "What does this program/file/whatever do" it's a simple google search (or whatever search engine you prefer) away. Or why not bookmark Wikipedia for times like this?

These type of forums are good for more complicated problems like "Why is my screen black and blu" or "When I press 1 it moves, when I eat icecream someone yells". Or whatever.

Come on, One click on the google bookmark. Typing four letters. pressing enter.
And presto, the answer is in the *first* link. Not the third or halfway down the page but right up on top. I know I don't want to wait for hours or perhaps days to know the answer from a forum when it so often are so easy to get fast.
And I know you feel that way too if you can look beyond hurt feelings or whatever toes you may think I stepped on here.

You are free to post whatever questions you like (and I did give you the answer!) but so am I. And in the name of friendliness I was just wondering if it hadn't been easier/faster/whatever to try google/wikipedia first...

In your first paragraph of this comment you are right. Thats good that you are friendly. Noobs just crack me up sometimes with these questions.

Zach

This is a good point being made too..

This forum is here primarily to help people with the usual, and often complicated and rare emulation configuration problems that come up.

Everyone is free to ask what they want in the proper sections, of course. But go to any forum and ask a question that can be answered by a 2 second google query, and this is the response your going to get.

It's not that people are unfriendly rude asses, it's that people are sick of answering the same simple questions asked by everyone and their mother, when everyone on the 'net has been repeatedly told google works faster for those types of things.

When I want to know the meaning of a word I go to dictionary.com, when I want to find out info on a file extension, or a process that is running, or why cats hate dogs and whatever.. I use google. It's just faster. A lot of people can't even grasp the concept of why people would come to a forum because most people go to search engines first, with the understanding it will be way faster and more accurate.

JoshM22

Well said Zach.

Robert

Wonder if he got the answer he was looking for, after all that.

I use Media Monkey to open those files, if you're wondering.

JoshM22

He or she probably googled it or went to answers.com. I usually go to those two for answers on stuff before coming here. There is nothing wrong with coming to this site with questions. No question here is a stupid one new kids. Don't think your question is stupid. We are willing to help you with pretty much about ne thing. As long as the question is appropriate when can answer that here!