Emulator Problem: Final Fantasy X - PCSX2 0.9.6

JohnyAlvez

Ok so..
A couple months ago i had this game and i played it.. it worked fine 100% stable, cool right?

Then i changed to windows 7, and it still worked fine... but then i formated my pc and when i tried to play again...The speed was below 60% LOL
I don't know what happened i really don't know..
I even improved the CPU and RAM....

Anyways, my specs:

NVIDIA 9600 GT
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

My settings:

( NOTE: I'm using 0.9.6 because that's the one i used when FFX actually worked -.-'' )

settingst.png

( I only covered empty spaces, so there is nothing hidden in the pictures )

Process priority - High!

Oh and I'm using the PAL version of FFX...
The weirdest thing is... It USED to work properly...
Im really frustrated LOL

Please.. Someone help me..

Thank you..

PS- I also tried to set the visual effects on windows to better performance... still really slow -.-

Soz for my bad english >:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Long shot here but you said "improved the CPU". Just bumping up the cost of a CPU or speed does not necessarily means its better for XYZ emulator. Did you go from Intel to AMD perhaps? What did you have for the CPU and what do you have now. As for the memory more is not always better. 2 gig is all you really need for emulation. Depending on how the OS manages it, if you give it more it may take it. For example on the old XP days, if you have 512 meg+ ram it would load the entire OS in to memory. That is not good for emulation.

Lukong

Dude it might me that the Drivers aren't compatible with Windows 7 and anyone who can't undo that I feel sorry for you and me... because most of those drivers are what accelerate and optimize the computer's performance.

The computer I'm currently using has an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV [Old & my Laptop charger isn't working] and its driver isn't compatible with Windows 7 and Direct 11 isn't much help either -it comes with problems- also I tried to install Windows XP from Windows 7, no dice.

Also You may need to Change your Performance/ Page File to programs or Use the SpeedHack from PCSX2 0.9.7 rather than 0.9.6 which does have it, besides that your Graphic Card & RAM are way good.

PageFile Accelerate [Windows 7 Settings]
Start > Right-Click "Computer" > Click "Properties" > Click "Advanced System Settings" > Click "Advanced" > Click Performance "Settings..." > Click "Advanced" > Click Adjust for best performance of: "Programs"

PageFile Optimize [Windows 7 Settings]
Start > Right-Click "Computer" > Click "Properties" > Click "Advanced System Settings" > Click "Advanced" > Click Performance "Settings..." > Click "Advanced" > Click "Change..." > Click "C:" > Click "Custom Size" > Type in 4095 or the less than the Max into Maximum and/or Initial size

PCSX2 0.9.7 I don't know if its compatible with Windows 7, though I uploaded the Link I should try it out on the Computer I'm using, but I don't have a rom...or do I need one in order to see if it works?
PCSX2 0.9.7 +Plugins -Bios.7z Its r3113, I should rename the File.

The Current Computer I'm Using Specs
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz
1.0GB RAM
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter​

The best way to solve your Speed issues with emulators and became an AEU, is to play with the Settings and look for the the Update. I found PCXS2 0.9.7 by Googling "PCSX2 0.9.7" I figured there would be a update when I had PCSX2 0.9.6.

Funny I was talking on another forum about getting FFX, I hope you enjoy playing.

Last edited: