FFVII Glitching.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Anyone know how to correct this?. Its all fine (in both ePSXe and PSX 1.11) until I reach the stage on disk one just after you all escape from the train the second time about an hour into the game. A few screens on you have to crawl through some ducting and when you go through to the scaled out section the whole screen is a buggy mess and then all the menus look like this thereafter. I tried grabbing some save states online and at any period in the game where it scales the game out (big screen, small cloud) the screen just becomes a mass of random pixels and all the menu's go f**ked thereafter.

I've tried various settings and plug-ins with ePSXe and no joy. Do I have a bad ISO or is this an issue with the emulation?.

ffglitchfi3.jpg

Last edited:

montpics

One of the possiblities that caused the problem. But I'm pretty sure that I ran it fine with mine. :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
After some more tinkering I'm fairly sure its an issue with my Graphics Card (Nvidia 7900GS). When trying to use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin it flashes up 'Missing Shader Extensions'.

Anyone have any further ideas or solutions?. I've updated to the latest drivers, and tried turning all my card effects on and off to no reasonable effect. The fact it does it on each disk on both emulators whenever the above mentioned scaling occurs, points to it definitely being a card rather than emulation issue. Now, I know my card is working correctly so is there perhaps a compatability issue with this chipset and some particular graphical effect used by the Playstation?.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Tried all the various graphics plug-ins on various settings to no effect. Will have to try to pick up a copy and try running directly from disk. If the issue remains I know its my GPU, if not then I can dump it myself.