Favorite Games of 2008

Hrothgar

I thought it would be good to reflect on some of the great games that came out last year, and talk about which ones we each enjoyed. I think it is better to state 'favorite' game opposed to 'best' game, because there is no best in what is opinion.

There are a lot of games that came out this year that I enjoy. I think I have to give my personal favorite to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, simply because I've played it the most out of any game I got. (Though, this game should've been my favorite game of 2007 since that's when it was supposed to come out).

Though, I also have to give my nod to innovative games. I really liked World of Goo. Not many people have played it, but it's a really charming and clever puzzle game for PC and Wii. It was mostly made by two guys. Also, this year saw a lot of great Nostalgic games like Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Megaman 9.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hmm, there hasn't been any games that came out last year that has interested me, But if I absolutely need to name a favorite, I would say probably Brawl, but it really wasn't that interesting, I would have been happy to stick with Melee.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Since I don't own any current-gen consoles there's very few new games that I actually play. But I do have two favourites from last year:

Fallout 3 and Football Manager 2009. Both were highly anticipated and both lived up to those expectations. (Mostly anyway!)

When it comes to retro games I discovered a couple of new, really good games. (New in the sense of being new to me.) I really recommend the following:

House-on-a-Disc, Robinson's Requiem, Shining Force III, M.U.L.E.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Hmm, there hasn't been any games that came out last year that has interested me, But if I absolutely need to name a favorite, I would say probably Brawl, but it really wasn't that interesting, I would have been happy to stick with Melee.

Melee was great, but IMHO was even better. Just Melee with slightly better graphics, more content and online play.
I also loved Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) and Professor Layton (DS).

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Gears of War 2 - 360
Jellycar - PC/XBLA

Hrothgar

I would say probably Brawl, but it really wasn't that interesting, I would have been happy to stick with Melee

I love melee too. The only reason why I like Brawl so much more is because they balanced the game and there's a lot more characters. Although Melee was a lot faster.

The Orange Box FTW

Orange box came out October 10, 2007 though, but still a great game(s) nonetheless.

Fallout 3

I was really close to saying this was my favorite game, until I got to the end...

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
World of Goo - PC