Emulator for the latest platform

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The most recently released platform that has a 100%( or close to that) functioning emulator is the Playstation 1.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah. Of course, the GBA was released before the Playstation in Lefteris World.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Oct 15 2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah. Of course, the GBA was released before the Playstation in Lefteris World.
Did it ever occur to you that I was refering to just consoles and not handheld systems? I guess not.

El Fugitivo

Well the question was about gaming platforms, not just "home consoles".

Anyway, GBA seems to be better-emulated than PS.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong but this IS the "Playstation Emulation" forum, right? I believe that he expected a playstation related reply.

J

Jet Set Willy

Did he hell. You're just talking out of your Greekhole as usual.

StefanL

Actually, I was refering to all platforms/consoles (not that I know what that really means).

On the other hand, Gameboy Advance doesn't interest me so in a sense, all of you guys are right. No need for flaming.

But if we drop the "fully" functioning requirement, what's left? Don't mention emulators that don't work at all, just those that work for the most part. Does that still leave us with the Playstation 1/Gameboy Advance emulators?

onewecallgod

Originally posted by StefanL@Oct 17 2004, 04:09 AM
What about the Playstation 2 emulator, when will those games be playable?
no one knows. at the pace its going, looks like its going to be a while.

Draco

How functioning would you class as fully? And if were just talking home systems, The N64 emulators are allso very good, you can play some of the grate classics with no problem. There is also Sega Dreamcast emulator that can play some commercial games. There is also a GameCube one that has had much work done on it and you can try to play games but its not close to 100%

StefanL

I suppose a fully functioning emulator is one that can play all games...

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of computer is required in order to play PS2 games.

The Dreamcast emulator I have can play games but they run at about 75% of the the speed they should be running at.

Draco

I dont know if there is any emulators that could be said to be truly 100%. But id have to agree with Lefteris D the Playstation 1 is emulated very well and you can practically play every game.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by StefanL@Oct 17 2004, 04:55 PM
Ok, and what about the system requirements for a Playstation 2 emulator?
right now, system requirements dont even matter for the PS2 emulator because it wont no matter how powerful your system is... none of them work