DS wi-fi etc

buggesy666

i have a DS and was wanderin about the WI-FI i dont know much apart from you can play games with people near u? wat else can u do? i think there is a download feature aswell???

malephar

yes the ds can communicate with nearby users
but when you are in a wifi zone, you can go online and play against people all round the world
its a wonderful thing really

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
buggesy666 said:
i think there is a download feature aswell???

There are already gameshops which have spots where you can download demos for your DS. They are also coming to Europe (if they aren't already). And of course you can use WiFi to play online (Mario Kart and Tony Hawk f.e.).

Genome

north west south west
btw dont know how common McDonalds are in Europe (im assuming very common since we have 8 in our city) but it has wifi too. dont know about pictochat though..havent heard anything about it.

belmont

Some cafes have wifi spots here in Athens.From there you can play with people from all over the world.If you have a fast internet connection you can play from your house as well by buying a Nintendo wifi card (45euro)

Pictochat is like internet chat but it is done from DS.
You can send messages to another DS that is near yours.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
belmont said:
If you have a fast internet connection you can play from your house as well by buying a Nintendo wifi card (45euro)
That's not entirely true. If you have a broadband router with Wi-Fi capabilities such as USR9108 then you can use your DS as long as your internet connection is active. The "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector" is nothing more than a USB Wi-Fi adapter for people that don't have such routers.