Doubt N64 emulation

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I would say Project64 if you want a standalone emulator, or the ParaLLEI core if you use Retroarch.

gamer87

I've used retroarch I'm looking for the best and most accurate Nintendo 64 emulator because there are so many emulators

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Give the ParaLLEI core a try then, you should be fine in terms of compatibility (that is the whole point of accuracy).

gamer87

precision I mean cycle precision example bsnes higan does this for Snes emulation but for N64 emulation which emulator does this function to simulate as much as possible the original console?

about the retroarch I want to make it ready for N64 already with the core of the N64 the core can be downloaded separately? I would have two files the main retroarch zip or rar file but the core file

gamer87

retroarch has a lot of space in mb and many cores and systems that I don't use do you know only one emulator with the latest version of the ParaLLEI core??? something simplified

pix07

I have no idea.

You can also try mupen64 but its not have high accuracy.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I gave you two options, they are both very good and free. Try both and see what works best for you.

theronmad

RetroArch is good, but I think like an alternative about BizHawk?

Update: Previously I was testing Daedalus, and I don't like it

pix07

@theronmad BizHawk uses mupen core.

So its similiar only choice gives retroarch.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Guessing by accurate you man playable? The most accurate n64 is https://cen64.com/. It's a cycle redundant emulator made to be accurate. n64 emulation really was the first of its kind and designed to NOT be accurate for limitation of a PC. Actually all emulators really are guesswork, but they do well at what they do. All of this 3d stuff needs a lot of guess work and accuracy is very low priority. It really has all became about game play. PC are getting so powerful now that some accurate emulation is getting focus. If you want to see how an emulator runs without all the guess work, check in a MiSTer sometime. It will take you back like you had no idea what consoles were like, with memories you thought you lost. For example, I remember playing Zaxxon at the arcade long a go and have played the Mame arcade Zaxxon a dozen times on PC. Yeah, I remember it, loved it, still do... I recently ran a Arcade MAME set up to try it out. After loading Zaxxon the sounds just took me back to childhood. All of these memories of smells, things, people, and music just rushed back to me like it was 1984. The sound for the emulator was so perfect it just rushed my body with chills. Anyways, my point it that emulators do not really do much in the way of accuracy. That is always second to next. No, PJ64 is not accurate.... Playable, but not in anyway accurate.

pix07

@ulaoulao So we need to write emulator or wait for other one ?

With core written in assembly like this:

CODE:

_global_start:

_DATA:

push eax,

pop eax,

Etc...

slowly i forget assembly :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
LOL, no one is going to write a good accurate n64 emulator on a whim. CEN64 is being rewritten for a better GUI, just give it time.

You forgot to do something

_DATA:

push eax,

lid eax
ori eax
rjmp doThis
rjmp doThat
pop eax,

Etc...

anveshj

Exactly. People don't just complain about the emulation because they enjoy doing that. If they did, then as I said, they would have done so with the SNES mini's emulation too, which was a great little device with good emulation and content for its price.

Also these complaints aren't about telling people not to enjoy these games and spend their money on it. I'm okay with others spending their money however they want. I'm just explaining why I'm not going to spend money on it. Sure, some (very loud) people do actually try to tell you what to do, but they aren't worth listening to.