Dolphin guide/faq

alexxi

back from hell
Step 1(Download):
Download a dolphin version from here:
Xtreme2dmax(the one I mainly use)

other links:

For 32 bit windows: Dolphin x86 SVN Revision XXXX?
For 64 bit windows: Dolphin x64 SVN Revision XXXX?

Step 2(extract):
Extract the file with winrar into a folder(ex: "Dolphin_v1999")

Step 3(run the emu):
run "DolphinWx.exe"

Step 4(Configuration):
Go to Options==>Configure==>Plugins
It should look like this:
dolphinconfighs2.png

Select the plugins that you want to use and click config.

-the only plugins that need any configuration are the graphics and pad, you can ignore the others.

-if you have a dual-core cpu, go to Options==>Configure==>Core,and check "Enable dual-core" (for some reason you get a speed boost with single cores too)

-If you want about 1-2fps boost from some games (and no sound) select the DSP-Null plugin.

Step 5(Select/run game):
Click on the browse icon(yellow Star) under the Options menu and select the directory/folder where the gc games are, you can press it again to add on other directories/folders (if you select the same dir twice you'll see the game twice on the list).
Run the game by double clicking its icon(or Ctrl+O/File==>Open)

If you get any of the errors below download and extract the specific dlls to the Dolphin folder(ex: "Dolphin_v1999")
Spoiler »

error loading dll Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll :Module not Found
xinput1_3.dll

error loading dll Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll :Module not Found
d3dx9_39.dll

...if you still get a error loading the DX9 plugin try other dlls from:
I recommed trying d3dx9_36/_37/_38 first.
http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=d3dx9_

Dolphin FAQ(short version)/long version:
Spoiler »

Q: Does this game work? What games are buggy or do not work?

A: Please check here:clicky and clicky again , also search around the forums, else you need to try it yourself.

Q: I get a TLB Error!

A: Sometimes it is not really a TLB error, if the error is related to TLB, TLB support will NOT be added to Dolphin for now, see: clicky

Q: Audio does not work!

A: Not all games have working audio yet, the audio are still in development, see:clicky

Q: My game break when Dual Core mode is enabled

A: Dual Core mode is currently buggy, so some game will break under that mode

Q: The game runs very slow

A: Do not expect to get high FPS in all games, Dolphin is still in development and needs a fast CPU to run it (eg: 2-4+ Ghz SSE2 supported processor)

Q: The game fails to boot!

A: Not all games are compatible in Dolphin yet, you will have to wait for a fix

Extras: wii_videos/GC_videos/wii_compatability
please make this thread sticky.:bow:

Last edited:

akira911

oh my holy dolphin! thank u man i dont need to update direct x with your guide!
also i dont encounter errors. SO how can access this page again easily?

how can I transfer a fire emblem path of radiance save file for gamecube to use it on the wii version of fire emblem radiant dawn? with dolphin emu I need a special tool or something?

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I think you did a really good job on this faq! You should also put the system requirements for the emulator. Should be a sticky if you ask me,

alexxi

back from hell
Thanks, and I can't edit my post-.-
well, some of the things I posted are outdated, some games require specific settings but dolphin is getting near perfect and less games require specific settings, you can even make tool-assisted speedruns on it but that is still not perfect.

New link for Daily builds:
-from mamario
-and here you can find other threads for more builds.

...and for system requirements(recommended*):
Processor: Any Fast CPU with SSE2 supported (recommended at least 2Ghz). Dual Core for speed boost.
Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1(intergrated chips can work with older version of the emulator)
Ram: At least 2GB.
*you can run GC games with lower specs and possibly Wii games too but at very slow speeds.
..and more, clicky

Last edited:

abhijith45

Ummm,how do I open fire emblem radiant dawn iso?When I open it it remains at the booting stage.I downloaded it from***********

Last edited by a moderator:

wodash

Having a problem with Dolphin emu not recognizing wiimote plugin
when I try double clicking on the game I want to play. These pops up:

"Error loading Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll: can't read info"
"Can't init any Wiimote Plugins"
"Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration."

at first i also have this problem "error loading dll Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll :Module not Found" but it was fixed with the input fix posted here

my specs is as following

amd athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2,21ghz
1gb RAM
GeForce 7100 grapchics card

and i'm using dolphin R4776, a friend told me to use the latest dolphin and see if that fix the problem and i DL ed X64-r4971 but the problem is the same as above

can anyone help?

Xewtwo

I don't suppose there's a plugin for this that supports linking to Virtual Boy Advance games, would there?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Not just yet, Dolphin still has to develop a ton of things before someone can make a plugin such as that.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Having a problem with Dolphin emu not recognizing wiimote plugin
when I try double clicking on the game I want to play. These pops up:

"Error loading Plugins/Plugin_Wiimote.dll: can't read info"
"Can't init any Wiimote Plugins"
"Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration."

at first i also have this problem "error loading dll Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll :Module not Found" but it was fixed with the input fix posted here

my specs is as following

amd athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2,21ghz
1gb RAM
GeForce 7100 grapchics card

and i'm using dolphin R4776, a friend told me to use the latest dolphin and see if that fix the problem and i DL ed X64-r4971 but the problem is the same as above

can anyone help?

Your specs just don't quite cut it, you'll need Duel Core Duo at the very least to make a game playable on Dolphin. But, what you could try is updating your DirectX and see where that gets you.