Current or Future Projects You're Doing

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Hey I've been very busy. So I thought I'd post something that could stay alive and maybe attract me back to the forum. LOL... if that makes sense.

Basically what are your current or future projects you're working on? What do they consist of, the system you're using to complete it, how you came up with the idea and any additional details.

Also maybe a few tips, links or guides that can help others do the project if they were interested in it.
This can also work as a checklist for doing things... So we can really know if you're bsing or not. Do Werk Son!

K...
I'm basically reading a few books -- One is teaching me the basics of assembly with gdb and a bit of C. I have a few projects that I'm going to make in C... One project being a game with SDL( I always think making games really teach you the language fast). The other books deal with pure assembly. I love reading the book I'm currently reading, Hacking: The art of Exploitation. It doesn't teach about breaking into computers... But really finding elegant solutions in code and what not. It's such a gem I read the chapters twice because the denseness and terseness of the book is very high.

I'm making a few games in C++ with SFML. I really believe in in till you master something always advance with only doing more perplexing projects. Some games I want to make is a tetris clone, chess game(for ai and to understand better) and a platformer. I just fell in love with kirby... I would love to do a clone of that. Also the platformer is going to have a lot of features...Map editor, text editor, console and possibly tabs all consolidated in one program. You might ask how I could possibly getting all this done... I'm simply only coding leaving graphics, sounds, etc for a very long time or forever.

Oh I also wanted to start a game blog reviewing the titles I played and beat. Really just being a chronicle of my game playing experience but I'll let others tune in. This will rarely get updated probably... but updated with like 5 games at a time. I said to myself one game at a time.... I quit that though... I"m now playing like 9 games.

I have a lot of other things in mind but none really having the go to do... As in time is expensive now a days. I'm 20 with a job I kinda hate/ barely like...

System I'm using... I just recently started taking notes seldomly. This is because it was time consuming. Now I just read and get practical as fast as possible creating a todo list almost everyday and trying to complete it.
I have more goals than t his... but they're virtually impossible in the time frame given and only do that to somewhat push me harder than what I'd do if only working on 1 project with no dead line. Also, I work on 1-2 projects at a time. This is really because working on one just becomes boring to fast and I need a refreshment.
Ok so what are you guys up to?

P.S. Sorry if I wrote too much to read and bored you.

Last edited:

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Alright, I started my games basically. I'm currently writing some code for my first 2d engine... It's going to be pretty lame but the first one is always to get you going nothing special.
Jeez, I've been reading hae bit by bit. I still think it's one of the best books I've picked up. I just created a list of c programs i have to write to follow through the debugger disassembling them. Very interesting. I'm going to be playing around heavily with effective and user ids i thnk they're called. idk but that should be interesting. I'm doing so much more but lol w/e

No ones got projects out there?

P.S. My game blogging thing is somewhat latent. Hmmm It might stay that way.

EDIT: Also I feel i don't work enough on things... So if you want to inquire more about what I'm doing just ask... especially if you know a little more about it than i do. I'm looking for someone to tell me how fast I should be making these things. Some days I waste time... others i'm productive and things look beautiful

Last edited:

boxhead

Alright, I started my games basically. I'm currently writing some code for my first 2d engine... It's going to be pretty lame but the first one is always to get you going nothing special.
Jeez, I've been reading hae bit by bit. I still think it's one of the best books I've picked up. I just created a list of c programs i have to write to follow through the debugger disassembling them. Very interesting. I'm going to be playing around heavily with effective and user ids i thnk they're called. idk but that should be interesting. I'm doing so much more but lol w/e

No ones got projects out there?

P.S. My game blogging thing is somewhat latent. Hmmm It might stay that way.

EDIT: Also I feel i don't work enough on things... So if you want to inquire more about what I'm doing just ask... especially if you know a little more about it than i do. I'm looking for someone to tell me how fast I should be making these things. Some days I waste time... others i'm productive and things look beautiful

i'll update you on project soon ;)

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Great great... looking forward to hearing about it.

I'm also attempting to read the source code for VisualBoy Advance now... adn I don't plan on stopping in till I know what the hell is going on.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The idea is cool and I could certainly fill up a good chunk of Forum space talking about projects I do, but I think a forum category would be better. otherwise readers would get lost in the posts. Seems as how a new forum category would be based on a group admin decision why not use one of the built in tools for this?
Groups
I started a thread called tinkers but it didnt go anywhere. Maybe this post can help it a bit? Or make your own group.
Here is one I did along the same lines

Last edited: