Can I play Sonic CD on Gens?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
When playing hit Alt+Enter to go out of the fullscreen mode.Now close the emu window.
Next time it starts it'll be windowed.
Is that what you wanted ? :D

DarkSide

-=VampyR=- said:
When playing hit Alt+Enter to go out of the fullscreen mode.Now close the emu window.
Next time it starts it'll be windowed.
Is that what you wanted ? :D

Nah :D i mean this happens before i start the emulator, for example i go to the folder where my emulator is located, then i double click the gens icon and the emulator will be available, the problem is this time betwen i double click and the emulator be available, for example is like u double clik your internet explorer icon and before the redirecting to the pages for u choose a adress, your screen goes black and they change the size of ur screen, is anoying cuz with this new size i can't see the icons above, then when i close the emulator my screen get back to normal, this is complicated to explain i try my best here. :happy: :D

Last edited:

hagbard

Gens works with 16 bit color depth only, so if your desktop is set up to 32 bit it will switch to back to 16 everytime you load it on windowed mode. You can either use Gens32 (a derivative project) or Kega Fusion to avoid this problem

DarkSide

hagbard said:
Gens works with 16 bit color depth only, so if your desktop is set up to 32 bit it will switch to back to 16 everytime you load it on windowed mode. You can either use Gens32 (a derivative project) or Kega Fusion to avoid this problem

yeah thanks man, i change to 16 bits and this problem desapear, well before i was using 16bits then, thanks bro. ;)

hagbard

Nevermid, glad to se it helps :)

seargent007

not to make u seem stupid ghost, but he doesnt have a beta, its an OEM that i also own that runs in DINO's library as a 16 bit app, when sega released the non-oem (retail) it was made as a directx 32 bit app. the 32-bit has a windows XP patch online but the 16-bit dino library has been unpatchable. Just thought i should clear that up. If you have the OEM, you get a DCI compliant error or a dll message when u start the disc/game, if you have the 32-bit version, you wont get such a message, in which case you can use this patch to fix it

Last edited:

hagbard

@seargent007 : This thread is about the original Sonic CD for Genesis/Mega Drive, and you're talking about the PC Windows port. That's why the thread's name is "Can I play Sonic CD on Gens" (Sega CD, Genesis, 32x emulator)

Last edited:

seargent007

Sonic CD won't run because my computer outdates the game by too much

dont you think this insinuates that he means the PC game? i know he says sega cd later on but.....its hard to tell what he means.

bobchob

Hey, as u can probably tell by me posting here, im having problems with getting the music to work on sonic cd. its an NTSC .iso. i downloaded 2 files, one with the SonicCD.iso and the other with 35 mp3's and a file called SonicMp3's.sfv. i've put them all into the same directory and renamed the sound files SonicCD01.mp3 etc. i cant for the life of me get the music to work on the bloody thing lol its drivin me nuts
btw, im using Gens(PC) and NeoGenesis(XBOX) but both emulators get the same result

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
IIRC you have to start renaming the .MP3s at 002. The .ISO should be 001. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

bobchob

nope, dont work at all :(
i can tell u where i got it from if u wanna give it a bash urself? see if u can get it 2 work?

retronut01

Hi, Gens is ok, but I recomend you use Kega Fusion instead. I have not been able to find even one game that did not run. Your issue sounds like a ram cart issue. If I had the time I would go test out gens and figure the problem out for you since I have that game, but I don't have time sorry. I don't use gens any longer. Good luck!

HopesLastStand

i fixed that problem. but whenever after i go in a special stage, my sound messes up (only can hear music, but no sound effects) how to fix that?

spotanjo3

I prefer Gens and have no problem with it but I am not fond of sega cd games at all. :p

I don't like Kega Fusion. Whatever. :)

Nooners

Firstoff, thanks to all you guys for getting me to where I am now, at least. Thanks to stalking this forum, I now can boot up Sega CD on my Kega Fusion and have made an ISO of Sonic CD. For that, I thank you. :bow:

The problem NOW, however, is that when I load my BIOS, boot up Sega CD, and then load the ISO of Sonic CD, all that happens is Sega CD resetting itself. I confess I downloaded I program called IsoBuster. Would this have anything to do with the problem?