Calling all coders, bsnes related

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
INFO:
For thought that dont know bsnes is a %100 complete snes emulator.
What does that mean? Well it means there are 0 bugs. Every rom works %100!
What is higan, its a new gui to bsnes.
Snes SDK is an open source SDK that will emulate roms.
What is this post about? Make a better GUI...

So what I'm looking for is a team or anyone with GUI experience that is interested in making Byuu a new GUI for is perfect code. Its important to note here this is not to work against him. Its actually his request to me. He does not do well with what people want and admit its not really something he wants to do.

I'm a c++ developer and I know c# would be a better approach but I'm no GUI developer. You dont need any knowledge of emulate roms here, just how to work with an SDK. I'm thinking it would be best to do a google source on this to recruit a few more hands. higan also support nes, gb, and more. They are not at %100 yet but getting there in time.

Things I would like to know.

What is a popular and easy language for GUI's
What layout would you like, sketch it up.
What options would you like to see.
What does snes and snes9x have the bsnes does not.
ect ect...

Just looking for interest here.

Latest always here.
https://higanui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HiganUI/bin/Debug/
get all files needs the dll's to run.

Comments and suggestions overly welcome.

Official form post.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
You probably already know this, but I have next to no useful experience with GUI coding, or coding anything for that matter. I would however would like to participate in anyway that I can, be it icons, or other graphic options.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Could use an icon art / image art guy.

examples:
An icon pack 32x32 and 16x16 that has the normal thing you see on emulators. 0pen, close, ect ect... You may find an icon pack online for free.
He res clean picks of the snes,nes controllers. Also the gc and gba. I'll need those for button assignments.
Logo, something really cool for the back ground image, Nintendo related but not infringing on copyrights.
Icon for the application.