Best windows os?

blair99

Good day.
I’m making my old computer into a emulating computer for super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. Planning on using SNES9X and project64. Also got USB adapters so I can use my old controllers.

Just wondering what is the best windows os for emulating, I’m just using it for those two programs and plugging it into my tv.

Specs
Intel core i7 3.5ghz 8m
Zoltax GeForce gtx660ti amp 2gb
8 gb of ram

Thanks for the advice

pix07

Most compatible is windows 7 but im dont know its support 8GB of ram or not.

Robert

Windows 7 will support 8GB ram, as long as you install the 64-bit version.

Windows 10 (64-bit) should work on that computer too.

EvanFbNash

As for the best Windows operating system for emulation, it really depends on your needs and preferences. If you're just using the emulator for those two programs and don't need a lot of additional features, you could potentially use an older version of Windows that has lower system requirements. For example, Windows 7 or Windows 8 might be sufficient for your needs.
In any case, it's always a good idea to make sure you have a valid license key for the version of Windows you're using. If you need to purchase a license key, you can check out websites like mylegitkeys.com for options.

Last edited:

ranjith

It depends on the emulator you use. You can check online which system is the most compatible with your emulator. Emulators tend to glitch if not compatible with the os. One of the best-operating systems is Windows 10 with 64-bit because it has a more significant amount of RAM and works better than the 32-bit system. I like the comprehensive security protections it provides the users and that it's faster than older operating systems. Of course, it also depends on your preferences and the settings you want. But overall, Windows 10 is a reliable and accessible system. You can purchase a windows 10 reddit key to test your emulator's performance.

Last edited: