Computer Problem: a type of virus that

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
are you sure it was a virus? If you have Peerguardian, try clearing the history.

I was missing a few gigs one time and I found out that my PeerGuardian History file was like 3 gigs.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Yeah it also could be a torrent, because if you delete the torrent file in e.g. utorrent, then the map with the file will still exist (although it should be empty.) when you delete it you will get your gb back.

well it was like this i download malware antimalware with key so i SCAN with avast the rar file and a blue screen appears i restart and then i got 1gb less i didn't open the key file or extract it no i just scan it and that happend :confused:

Zach

You still didn't answer the question..

1GB less CAPACITY (total list size of the drive)

or 1GB of space mysteriously taken up? (i.e 33 of 100GB to 34 of 100GB)

If you're missing capacity the BSOD could have just as easily screwed up your partition table or something.

Zach

Ok.. So your drive capacity is 149.. You had 136gb of space taken up, but now you have only 135gb taken up? So you lost data..

It could have been temp files stored that got deleted once your computer restarted.. Was it on for a long time prior to the crash?

Yes i had 136gb now i got 135gb a blue screen appeard and i have to restart because i scan in winrar a key file and i didn't open it

onewecallgod

Something tells me you're not reading decimals....

Big deal. You can't account for 1GB; it's only half a percent of space. There's no point in losing sleep over it.

onewecallgod

Or it just costed you a few hundred and you never learned to read decimals in elementary school, so you think you lost a lot more than you did. Or type grammatical sentences for that matter.

Zach

It didn't cost you anything. You GAINED 1GB of free space if you went from 136 to 135.

What you really need to be asking is - does all your shit still work, are you missing stuff you normally use, or have stored for backup in the past.

If you're really THAT concerned about it... Backup your important shit to a CD/DVD/USB drive, whatever.. make sure its clean. Then just reformat your machine and put windows back on, or have a nerd you cheat off in class do it for you.

Guys do you know a program to repair windows errors? like I remember norton tool or some similar program to reapir windows errors cuz before 135gb a blue screen appeard

Zach

Sometimes things just crash, there isn't an error to fix. You haven't said you are constantly getting BSOD crashes, only the one specific time.. What is there to fix