Search results

1. NorseChief

Legal queries about roms

Hi guys, I have some questions concerning the legality of downloading and/or using roms. Gathering from some stuff I have read recently, apparently it is illegal to download and use roms, especially those that are ESA protected. Is this true? I think that I may have been under the impression...
  2. NorseChief

ESA protected roms

Hi everyone, I have two questions concerning ESA protected roms if anyone would be so kind as to help me out. Is it illegal to download/obtain or play ESA protected roms? Is it legal but immoral? I want to avoid doing anything illegal and that is one reason why I am asking this question...
  3. NorseChief

What is the name of this old NES game?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the name of a particular NES game I used to play years ago. In this game you control a car from top view and it's all about running away from these other cars while collecting items. You also start with a certain amount of fuel and when you press the one button, you...
  4. NorseChief

Arcade monitors?

I have been researching these arcade monitors that can plug into your pc box and I am really thinking of getting one in the future. I think it would be a great experience although they seem pretty expensive. I watched a few YouTube videos of these things and they seem pretty sweet. I think this...
  5. NorseChief

Why would I need a bios file for genesis games on Kega Fusion?

I know I don't necessarily need it but I want to know why I would want to use a bios file (eg: Sega Mega-CD Model 1 BIOS v1.00 (1992)(Sega)(Eu)). What I am trying to say is is there a benefit in using this bios file for more accurate emulation, etc? The reason why I ask is I want to see what...
  6. NorseChief

Fusion36 lags so much >.>

Genesis/megadrive games run fine so long as there is a little bit of detail. For example, when i play the flintstones it runs smoothly for most of the first level. But the moment there is a little bit of detail the games starts to lag insanely. The screen looks like it is running at like below...
  7. NorseChief

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels... xD

I just thought it would be fun to start a thread about this game... If you have tried to play this game at all you will know what I mean xD. This past week I have had my head deep in all the old-school super mario platform games. I have clocked all of them with the exception of Yoshi's Island...
  8. NorseChief

Latest Nestopia emulator - some questions?

There are some options on this emulator that I am not sure about: Machine -> options -> No sprite limit Dip switches on load Machine -> external -> tape recorder NSF player Options -> timing -> synchronize to refresh rate...
  9. NorseChief

Why do (E) snes roms run faster than (U) or (J) roms?

A short while ago I was trying to figure out why my roms were running too fast without auto frame rate enabled. So I posted on here asking if snes emulators had a problem with GeForce 8800 GT cards. I recently made a breakthrough when i realised that (E) snes roms run faster than (U) or (J)...
  10. NorseChief

How to smooth frames for scrolling games on Bsnes emulator?

One thing that has always bothered me about snes emulators is that all scrolling games have this jerky scrolling. I know these games don't run like this on the original consoles and I know that the scrolling and frame skipping is meant to be smooth as a baby's bottom. For example, Super Mario...
  11. NorseChief

How to get NTSC filter to work on ZSNES?

Every time I click on this filter, zsnes crashes. Apparently this is a common problem for windows xp users who have a GeForce 8800 GT video card. I reeeeeeeally want to get this filter to work. I have been using bsnes lately since that is the only alternative. But I want it to work on zsnes...
  12. NorseChief

Help? What is the name of this nes fighting game?

I used to own this game on my old famicom home console. It was called "School Fight" on the cartridge but it in the game, the title is written in Japanese. I have searched for "school fight" everywhere so the cover appears to have gotten the name wrong. The game is similar to double dragon...
  13. NorseChief

Problem with some famicom roms on Nestopia...?

I am trying to run a famicom rom on the Nestopia emulator and I keep on getting the message, "please set B". Wtf does that mean? And I am using a fds bios to run this famicom rom on Nestopia. How do I "Set B" so I can actually play the game?
  14. NorseChief

How to run Sonic CD on K Fusion emulator?

I am new to SEGA CD games so please bare with me. I am trying to run SEGA CD roms on the K Fusion emulator for the first time. When I try loading the image I get a message popping up telling me, "BIOS not found - Please configure USA BIOS in OPTIONS->SET CONFIG->SEGA CD". So must I get a...
  15. NorseChief

What are your favorite nes/snes emulator video settings?

I personally will only play nes/snes roms on a NTSC composite video filter. It really makes your gaming experience feel authentic! It looks like you are playing on your television with the real nes/snes console! Currently, the only nes/snes emulators I know of that have this filter available...
  16. NorseChief

What are MAME source codes?

I am looking at this site, http://mamedev.org/ and I see there are binaries, source codes and updates. How do I use these source codes and updates? How do I use the updates to update MAME 0.133. This is all very confusing to me :/ Also, I am looking for the best way to maximise my gaming...
  17. NorseChief

"Lucky & Wild"...aimer stuck in bottom-left of screen?

I have been trying to figure out how play this game on MAME 0.133. The aimer in the game is stuck on the bottom-left of the screen and I can fire it but cannot move it around to shoot at different targets. There are 2 aimers on the screen. I can move a blue aimer around on the screen but...
  18. NorseChief

San Francisco Rush problems

I recently got this game and its chd and there are a few problems with it. Firstly the sound lags and the video emulation lags slightly as well. The other problem I have is that the steering wheel automatically turns to the left so I can hardly stay on the road. Does anyone know how I can fix...
  19. NorseChief

Is there a Sky Destroyer on MAME?

I seem to remember having seen Sky Destroyer on arcade machines a number of times when I was a kid. So I was pretty sure I would find a MAME version of this game. I have had no success so far =( I have even looked at all the playchoice and vs. games and there is nothing that even remotely looks...
  20. NorseChief

Getting nes/snes roms to work on your wii console?

I recently got a wii console (not an emulator, the real thing) and now I am looking for a way that I can get snes roms from my pc to my wii console. That would be so cool if I can find a way to do that! Can't wait to start seeing my snes roms on my television :D! I found the new "Snes9x GX...