Search results

1. K

Navigating the Path of Data Structures and Algorithms: Crafting a Roadmap for Success

Hello, everyone. I'm starting a trip to learn about data structures and algorithms (DSA), and I'm looking for your help in determining a clear way ahead. While reading that blog, I became really fascinated about the world of DSA, which seemed big and deep, with so many concepts and approaches...
  2. K

Exploring Encapsulation and Access Modifiers

I've been experimenting with Java classes and discovered the ideas of encapsulation and access modifiers. I feel I have a strong understanding of the fundamentals, but I'm having some issues with the implementation. Here's a bit of code I wrote to show encapsulation and access modifiers: //...
  3. K

Demystifying Asynchronous JavaScript

Hi, I'm getting into Asynchronous JavaScript and need your aid. It's been difficult for me to understand how it works. Here is a bit of code I'm working with: function fetchData(url) { // Async code to fetch data from the URL } fetchData('https://api.example.com/data') .then(data => {...
  4. K

Java Code Challenge: Palindrome Check

Write a Java function that determines if a given string is a palindrome. The function should return true if the input string is a palindrome and false otherwise. Palindromes are strings that read the same backward as forward, ignoring spaces, punctuation, and capitalization. For example...
  5. K

Choosing Programming Languages in 2023: Balancing Trends and Practicality

I'm considering learning new languages to expand my programming skills in 2023. While aware of popular choices, I seek advice on striking the right balance between emerging trends and practical applications. Considering industry demand, versatility, and personal interests, what are your...
  6. K

Spring Boot Request Mapping: How to Handle Multiple Request Paths in a Controller

I'm working on a Spring Boot project and I have a controller where I want to map multiple request paths to a single method. Let's say I have a RESTful API for managing products, and I want to handle both GET requests for product details and POST requests for creating new products in the same...
  7. K

Data Science Challenge: Analyzing Customer Purchase Patterns

I'm working on a data science project where I have a dataset of customer transactions and I need to analyze customer purchase patterns using Python. The dataset includes the following columns: customer_id, transaction_date, product_id, quantity, and price. Here's a simplified version of the...
  8. K

Analyzing Customer Churn in a Subscription Service

You work for a subscription-based streaming service, and you're tasked with analyzing customer churn to identify patterns and factors contributing to customers canceling their subscriptions. Your dataset contains customer information, subscription details, and churn status. Here is a sample...
  9. K

Python List Comprehension Error: Unexpected Output

I'm encountering an unexpected output while using list comprehension in Python. I'm trying to create a list of squared values for even numbers in a given range, but the result is not what I anticipated. Here's the code I'm using: even_numbers = [x for x in range(10) if x % 2 == 0]...
  10. K

Help Required - EDA Python Code Error

Hello to everyone. I'm now working in Python on an exploratory data analysis (EDA) project, and I've run into an error that I'm having trouble resolving, so I read this post but couldn't figure it out. I'm hoping someone can assist me! I'm attempting to generate a scatter plot from my dataset...
  11. K

In Java, what is the purpose of a private static variable?

If a variable is specified as public static varName;, I may access it as ClassName.varName from anyplace. I'm also aware that static members are shared by all instances of a class and are not allocated differently in each instance. Is there any difference between defining a variable as private...
  12. K

Life after learning PHP

So, about my situation? PHP fundamentals were taught to me (I believe). After that, I felt confident in my command of the language. My dream is to work as a web developer! Following some research, I decided to learn more complex and helpful php by using websites such as PHPSCripts, Webapps, and...
  13. K

Fibonacci series in C

This function accepts the number of terms in the Fibonacci sequence in the child process, creates an array, and redirects the output to the parent via pipe. Parent must wait till the child develops the Fibonacci series. The received text always displays -1, although the transmitted text displays...
  14. K

In Java, there is a distinction between String and StringBuffer.

I'm sure this issue was answered many times on many different websites many years ago.:P Still, I have some reservations, so I decided to share this. The fundamental distinction is that String is immutable, and each operation on String results in the creation of a new String Object. Ex:- String...
  15. K

Java Event Handling Pitfalls

I'm working on a software that requires an event from a Java object. I'm well-versed in how this works in C#, having had enough practise to avoid the dangers. What are the drawbacks of using events in Java? What distinguishes them from C# 2.0 events? Example: An object changed event to force...
  16. K

In C programming, there is a missing number in an array.

The missing number is to be determined given an array C of size N-1 with numbers from 1 to N with one entry missing. INPUT: The first line of input contains the integer T, which represents the number of test cases. The first line of each test case includes N. (size of array). The line after that...
  17. K

convert a comma-separated string to a list

Is there a built-in Java method for converting a comma-separated String to a container (such as an array, List, or Vector)? Or do I have to build my own code for that? I searched the internet but couldn't discover a relevant answer. Can somebody assist me?
  18. K

Java equals() selection

In Java, if I try to do.equals() on a null string, a null pointer error is issued. I’m wondering whether I can perform the following if I’m attempting to compare if a string is equal to a constant string: MY CONSTANT STRING.equals(aStringVariable) I’m sure it’ll work, but is this simply...
  19. K

Views are created in SQL Server.

In SQL Server, I'm constructing the view shown below. create view View_CAM as SELECT '5' FUNCTION, getdate() UPLOAD_DATE, 'U' STATUS, NULL INITIATED_DATE, NULL PROCESSED_DATE, NULL FINACLE_CUST_ID, NULL PROCESSING_USER_ID, **select currency from table_name** CURRENCIES For the CURRENCIES column...