Recent content by Mr Thunderwing

1. Mr Thunderwing

Weird new Model 2 problem

Hi. I posted a topic on here about a year ago regarding problems I was having getting the model 2 emulator to work properly. Well I added an extra 1gb of ram about a month ago and I've just upgraded my graphics card to a Geforce 7600 GT which now runs the the roms pretty much perfectly - but I...
  2. Mr Thunderwing

AM2 fans - we need your support!

Sorry if this counts as a double post, but i originally started a thread in the general gaming section to try and promote the Facebook campaign I've started to try and persuade Sega to convert their old 1996 Arcade game, Scud Race, to the PS3 and Xbox. However, inspite of the fact it's had 100+...
  3. Mr Thunderwing

Any Scud Race/Sega Super GT fans out there?

Howdy all, I'm a long time reader, but only very occasional thread poster. I'm a huge fan of the old Sega Model 3 game Scud Race and have always been dissapointed that it never made it onto a home system (I'm not counting the MAME version - playing it at 1 fps on my underpowered PC doesn't...
  4. Mr Thunderwing

Old school shoot-em-ups

Were the arcade versions of these games a lot harder than the home versions (in order to keep a steady supply of 10 pence pieces flowing into them)? I've been playing some R-Type today and, man, it feels a lot more difficult than I remember. I used to have the Sega Mastersystem version back in...
  5. Mr Thunderwing

Original Xbox link up

Howdy all, bit of newbie here. I was wondering what people's experience with Xbox system link up was like (just between 2 systems - none of that LAN malarky) Now that you can pick up an original xbox for so cheap second hand, I've been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd one, purely so I can...
  6. Mr Thunderwing

Emulator Problem: After some advice on Model 2 Emulator

Hi, I'd be grateful if anyone out there could give me a little bit of advice. I've recently dowloaded the Sega Model 2 emulator from the following link and successfully got a couple of roms up and running. The trouble is though they all suffer from terrible slowdown and are only just about...
  7. Mr Thunderwing

Howdy

Hello all, I'm a 33 year old guy from Bristol in the UK. Just recently got into the whole emulation thing and am absolutely loving MAME:D. It's been fantastic to finally get hold of some of those elusive games from my childhood that never made onto home systems (or did make it onto home systems...