Post your Freeware Programs

Ana

HoverSnap

HoverSnap is a small but powerful screen capture utility that can capture the entire desktop, the active window or custom areas on the screen and save the image to JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format. It can even automatically rename and resize the screenshot and save it to a folder of your choice. Additional features include integrated FTP upload and support for layered windows. The program runs in the system tray and screen captures can be triggered via keyboard shortcuts.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoversnap.html

7-Zip

High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
  • Supported formats:
    • Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    • Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
  • For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
  • Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
  • Self-extracting capability for 7z format
  • Integration with Windows Shell
  • Powerful File Manager
  • Powerful command line version
  • Plugin for FAR Manager
  • Localizations for 69 languages
http://www.7-zip.org/

VSO Image Resizer 2.0.1.9

Shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive. It is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, import or organize photos. With this freeware, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files and thus save space on your hard drive. VSO Image resizer is integrated into the Windows explorer shell, right click on your pictures and start working on your pictures!

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/

Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.60.30

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove a multitude of adware files and modules from your computer. Spybot also can clean program and Web-usage tracks from your system, which is especially useful if you share your computer with other users. Modules chosen for removal can be sent directly to the included file shredder, ensuring complete elimination from your system. For advanced users, it allows you to fix registry inconsistencies related to adware and to malicious program installations. The handy online-update feature ensures that Spybot always has the most current and complete listings of adware, dialers, and other uninvited system residents.
Features:

• Removal of keyloggers
  • User-extendable database
  • Save removal of threats by shredding them
  • Backups of every removed problem
  • Exclude option to ignore specific problems s
  • Permanent blocking of known tracking cookies for IE
  • Permanent blocking of threating downloads in IE
  • Command line parameters to automate tasks
  • Number of targets > 600 > 600
  • Number of detection files and entries > 10000 > 10000
  • Detailed information about problems found Yes Yes
  • Strict criteria to define targets Yes Yes
  • Integrated update function
  • Weekly updates
  • Free email & forum support Yes Yes
  • Settings to automate scan, removal and update
  • System reports to locate even unknown threats
  • Skins to adjust interface to the users liking
http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

AVG AntiVirus Free 8.0.135a1330

With this free distribution version of the popular AVG Anti-Virus system, you will get a reliable tool for your computer protection against computer viruses.

Features:

* Automatic update functionality
* The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run
* The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
* The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
* Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
* AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
* Great customer satisfaction!

Please note that any previous version of AVG Free will be un-installed automatically during the installation of the new AVG Free.

http://free.avg.com/

Mozilla Firefox Portable 3.0.1

Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured browser for Windows that makes browsing more efficient than ever before. Firefox includes pop-up blocking; a tab-browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window; integrated Google searching; simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively; a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser; and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online. Additional features include:

• Live Bookmarks - RSS integration lets you read the latest news headlines and read updates to your favorite sites that are syndicated.
  • Extensions - Small add-ons that add new functionality to your Mozilla program.
  • Themes - Allows you to change the way your Mozilla program looks with new graphics and colors.
  • Privacy and Security - Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls.
  • Plugins - Programs that allow websites to provide content to you and have it appear in your browser.
Firefox also comes with a standard set of developer tools including a powerful JavaScript and CSS error/warning console, and an optional Document Inspector that gives detailed insight about your pages.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

DirectX 9.0c Redistributable June 2008

Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX 9.0c includes support for Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader 3.0, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX 9.0 APIs. This download provides the DirectX 9.0c end-user redistributable that developers may include with their products. The redistributable license agreement covers the terms under which developers may use the redistributable. This version of DirectX 9.0c is for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003. The DirectX 9.0c runtime cannot be uninstalled. It is recommended that Windows users create a ´system restore´ point before installing

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ab-0983-4c41-9c70-632f6f42c557&DisplayLang=en

spacer.gif
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.0.0

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. It is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your video files. You should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats. K-Lite Mega Codec Pack combines the contents of three codec packs:

• It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
  • All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
  • It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
  • The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
  • For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
  • Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
  • It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
  • It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
  • It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
  • The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
  • It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
  • This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
  • The pack is suitable for both novice and expert use
http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm

KMPlayer 2.9.3.1432 Beta

KMPLAYER is a korean movie and audio player that supports a wide range of codecs and file formats. It has full VCD/DVD playback functionality. Features:
Supported Files or Devices:

• HTTP Streaming(AVI etc including none-streaming media)
  • Directshow playback (avi, mkv etc)
  • Real Engine + Directshow (needs Real Player or Alternative)
  • QuickTime Engine + Directshow (needs QuickTime player or Alternative)
  • Mplayer Engine Support
  • Winamp Input Plugin(decoder) Support
  • Compressed Audio Album Support(zip, rar)
  • Audio CD(2000, XP only / Win9x-Support by winamp plugin)
  • Video CD/SVCD/XCD : CDXA Format (2000, XP only)
  • DVD playback
  • DTS Wave and AC3 files
  • WDM device support like TV or Camera
  • CD Image File (BIN/ISO/IMG/NRG) ; NRG needs mplayer.dll
  • Shoutcast (Including NSV)
  • AAC, OGG parser/decoder
  • Shockwave Flash/FLC/FLI
  • Ape/MPC/Flac/Module etc
  • Various Image files like png, gif etc
  • Incomplete/Damaged AVI file (Skip Damaged Frames)
  • Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing
Built-in Codec/Filters:
Video Codec:

• MPEG4 (Divx/Xvid : ffmpeg/xvid)
  • MPEG1/2 (ffmpeg/libmpeg)
  • etc (ffmpeg)
Audio Codec:

• AC3/DTS/LPCM/MPG/MP3/OGG/AAC/WMA
  • 2Ch to Multi Channel expansion
External Codec:

• Media Priority to Connect among Directshow, Real, QT, Winamp and Mplayer
  • Custom Filter Manager
  • System Filter Manger
Plugins:

• Winamp Input Plugins
  • Winamp DSP Plugins (Can Stack)
  • Winamp Visual Plugins (Can Stack)
  • Winamp General Plugins (Media Library etc Support)
  • KMP Video Plugins by SDK (Can Stack)
  • DScaler Filter Support (Can Stack
http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4094

Daemon Tools Lite 4.12.3

Daemon-Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features. This program allows running Backup Copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom or Laserlock protected games. Also included is a Virtual DVDROM drive (V386 STEALTH DVDROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD! DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection. Features:

• Daemon-Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
  • Daemon-Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools´ "fastdump" feature on a safedisc protected CD).
  • If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a STEALTH DVDROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!!
  • STEALTH DVDROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc®, Securom®, Laserlock®, Lockblocks® etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!
Daemon-Tools supports the following image files:
  • cue/bin
  • iso
  • ccd (CloneCD)
  • bwt (Blindwrite)
  • mds (Media Descriptor File)
  • cdi (Disjuggler)
  • nrg (Nero - must have ImageDrive installed)
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I got most of that list.

MP3 Gain

Tired of reaching for your volume knob every time your mp3 player changes to a new song?
MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same volume.

MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many normalizers do. Instead, it does some statistical analysis to determine how loud the file actually sounds to the human ear.
Also, the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no quality lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file directly, without decoding and re-encoding.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/index.php

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well i have about 20 DVD full of freeware and full programs which i get one every month when i buy a Albanian Computer Magazine ,so if i list them ,it will take a lot of space.
Let me just say i have 123 freeware who are at least equal in power and features ,when compared to their Full Software with licenses .

This 123 are the most common ,like OpenOffice.org , GIMP image editor ,who are equal to Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.

Hey Ana if i were you i wouldn't trust much that antivirus you are talking about. It cannot detect most of the advanced viruses around :)

Last edited:

Hrothgar

Avast has always been pretty good to me.

Mplayer:
A very good stripped down movie player. When everyth,ing else fails, Mplayer is my one last resort. There have been many times it's played files that other programs couldn't.

Jet audio
Opposite to Mplayer, Jet audio is a good movie player with all the extra little features. It's kinda like what Windows Media Player always wanted to be, I guess.

Alcohol 120% (Or 52%)
I honestly think almost everyone here has heard of this, considering this is where I discovered the program.

utorrent
My personal favorite torrent program

Soulseek
one of the best peer2peer downloading program. I can find very rare music here.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
CDCheck - i use it mostly to recover data from bad disk.

USB Safely Remove - Keyboard shortcuts for easy device stopping.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Oh, there's so much.

AVG Anti-virus
Zonealarm firewall
Paint.net
VLC - plays more than MP Classic without the need of installing strange codecs.
Firefox
Thunderbird
OpenOffice
Filezilla
Blender
SharpDevelop
DC++
uTorrent
CDBurnerXP

and probably a few more I don't remember now.

Zach

I think so too.

So deleted them

Alco, when someone shows up first post, drops a url and says "thanks" that's clearly spam..lol

Last edited: