Gameboy Advance Multiplayer

loster

you need the specal version of visual boy advance VBALink http://www.vbalink.info/

some info from the site

# Start two (three, four) Advance VisualBoy emulators at once and open gba roms.
# In VisualBoy Advance Link -- Options/Emulator, uncheck Pause when inactive window
# You don't have to turn off the sound like in TGB Dual - only the active VBA produces sound
# In options setup all the things, like controls, save paths & so on
# If you want a log of the transfer, check Log in Options/Link
# New! When playing Zelda: Four Swords, you have to set Timeout in Options/Link to above 10000 or below 200 (these values worked for me) - anything in between might make the game not link.
# If you want to use save files, you must rename them - the save file extension for VBA #1 is .sa1
(e.g. Pokemon Ruby.sa1), for #2 .sa2 etc. (the same is true for savestates - #1 has .sg1 etc.) - another solution is to import them, that works too. - Enjoy!

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
VBA Link sucks balls.... I have spent endless hours trying to trade Pokemon and you know what... Its a waste of effort and time... When a reliable and effective way to link GBA to GBA Emu comes out ill play again but until then SCREW VBA.... Not the Actual VBA it rocks... But SCREW THE UN-OFFICIAL VBA LINK!!!!!!

spotanjo3

Can anybody please answer my question ? I tried Zelda 4 sword with 2.3a but it crashed. No, rom is fine and everything is fine. Multiplayer does seem to crash on 2.3a.

qdiddy

"Well, VBALink comes with a little .exe that says vbaserver.exe. All you need to do is to start the exe and follow the instructions there. It will ask you:

- Select number of players (2-4)

Then, after you select the number of players, it will say:

Server address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
VBALink server running...

In this state, the vbaserver is waiting for the others to connect. When each player connects to the server, it will says:

Player x connected

and their respective IP addresses. Then you're ready to play Multiplayer games.

NOTE: When you play multiplayer games with VBAlink, the server computer will take a lot of resourses so it will lose performance. Make sure the server is the fastest computer. "posted by butters

now ive gotton all that down but the thing is in vbaserver it gives me an ip adress that is not my real ip, but i try connecting to vba to the real ip and the one the vbaserver says is my ip and neither seem to connect for some reason, is their any reason why this would happen because i am desperatly trieng to figure out why this is happening

spotanjo3

Anybody can please test this 2.3a version ? Some people told me that they had the same problem as me. I know about vbalink but I want this emulator to check out since 1.9 run multiplay just fine. HELP? Or everybody have the same problem?:eek:

Lavitz

OK me and my friend ar trying to play pokemon over the internet using VBALink. we both have it running and he puts my ip into his connect thing and i start the server and it says were connected. then we go to battle in the pokemon thing and it says connection error and it makes us reset our games.

ive read that vbalink is supposed to come with somethnig called vbaserver but i dont seem to have that file. i downloaded all versions of the vbalink to try and find it but with no succes. and i downloaded the "modded vbaserver" thing on the website but coudnt figure out how to work it and there are no instructions anywhere.

and we tryed playing other games as well like zelda four swords and advance wars but nothign worked. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lavitz

if that helped any, i would have said thanks. but it didnt. ive read through that about 50 times already and i see no answers to my problem. so if anyone has intelligent answers, it would be much appreciated.

spotanjo3

Hey, I got email from no$gba author about multiplayer and I test it and yes it worked fine! Look, his message to me:

Hi, (my real name is being erase for my privacy, sorry)

Ah, and gba-mode multiplayer mode should be working again, Let me know if it still doesn't work!

Cu, Martin

I emailed back to him and confirmed him that it did worked great! Try it, it's awesome! :D

no$gba 2.3b is finally fixed for this one! You can follow this instruction and I guarantee you it worked fine now because I did.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html

Last edited:

Sadok

sum1 plz help me out. I did the folowing steps for NO$GBA:

* run No$GBA.exe
* pick a GBA image (no ZIP)
* go to "Options" / "Emulation setup"
* increase the number of "Emulated Gameboys"
* in "Link Gamepaks", set "Gamepaks in all GBA"
* in "Reset/Startup Entrypoint", set "GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo")
* click OK, you should then see 2 GBA screens side by side
* right click on the left window, click on "Link"
* then redo the right-click and click "Link"
All i have is 1 window and 1 light blue window. plz help me!